NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would float this idea. What if we were to have an expanded DCM Car club? I'm not saying get rid of DCM7thGEN or anything but maybe like a bigger umbrella for people like Scott, Sean and Jim? Just throwing this out there. What do you think?

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
we might ask sean if he wanted to somehow intergate eastcoastconcepts.com as maybe an expansion.

just an idea

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Its an Idea.........We would grow alot.......it will be harder to organize anything...........BUT on the other hand we would be a much more diverce group........Affirmative action and all that :gap:

Slava

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
I like it being a celica only club, that doesnt mind the visitors of other clubs. We are celica based, and that is what it should be. Anything more will turn us into another generic car club that there are millions of.

just my $ .02

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
we should just keep it a celica club because there are only like 3 or 4 of us that don't have celicas.......now if there more like 10 or 12 it would be different.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i think you're gonna get a lot of mixed opinions on this and both with very good pros and cons. even though i'm new here, i'm sure dcm was founded with the intent of bringing celica enthusiasts together. i'd say keep it as it is ya know? have the official members as celica owners and anyone else who wants to come along for the meets can do that, they just won't be an "official" member. as liz said, there are millions of generic car clubs out there... and this club is celica based, makes us stand out from the rest.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
celica only

friends are welcomed

if we want see other cars we go to rockville and laugh at civis:)

who now laugh at me:(

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
So yeah.......*jumps on the bandwagon* *puts on a white sheet with a toyota symbol* CELICA POWER.......Down with cars that look diff then ours.......

·
Registered
747 Posts
Seems to be a good group as is so don't change things. Longevity will take care of this issue fast enough. Few of us will still have a 7th gen celica more than a handful of years anyhow (was it Prinya who just hit 100k?). The issue then becomes whether to accept apps from 8th generation owners or become a classic 7thgen celi club. Enjoy the moment now.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I say it should stay a 7thgen club and allow Huffy owners to also join...but all the others should not be members but are welcome to attend

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Celica Club for Celica people (period). do you really want to get so large that no one knows each other and things are cliqued out? I like to think of DCM as my home not a my High School. Even though we get the occasional problem child.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i agree wtih Liz. I think it should be strictly a celica club but that if non-celica people want to come to the meets, they should be welcome as well.....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
2000 XYR said:
Who in the Blue hell are you? :D
This is not OT so let's keep those type of comments out of here, I would hate to see you banned....This is your one and only warning....:evil:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts