NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car at the dealer about a month ago to diagnose my CEL on my celica. It was my O2 sensor. I also wanted them to check my tranny out because it grinds at high RPMS going into 2nd gear. I asked them to have a technician drive it. They said there was nothing wrong. They dont insist on a technician driving while i sit in the passenger seat. What should i do next? I have 1500 miles left on my 60000 mile warranty....what to do!

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
If a tech drove your car and said there was nothing wrong with it, it's because they aren't permitted to take the car above a certain rpm and speed. If you drive with him and he says something about shifting that high I'd bitch like a mofo. As long as you aren't above redline you should be within operating parameters.

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is a TSB (listed on this board), print it out and take it to the dealer - I did and got my transmission replaced at 49K miles - PS the 6 speed in the GT-S is about the Weakest transmission I have ever seen (synchro-wise). If the dealer won't budge, call Toyota USA and TELL THEM you know the 6 speed has problems and you want your's replaced.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I had the same problem. I complained about the same issue. They drove it and said nothing was wrong. Got my transmission fluid changed and it feels a lot better. But I want new synchros, so I'm gonna use that TSB.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
thats a crock of sh!T. set up an an appointment and have the technician drive your car with you in it. but before you do or go to the dealership make sure that you can make it grind. trust me...i had to do that cuzz they were telling there was nothing wrong with my car and im not suppose to take it past 6k...stupid mofo's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts