NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!

I went to my dealership in milwaukee to simply get a oil change. I park the car in there garage as they checked me in. I noticed when giving them my info, the next car got close to my car but did not hit it. From the angle i was at it was hard to see, but when the dealership guy got in my car to drive it(its a 5speed) it rolled back a few inches and(i think) touched my car. I couldnt see from my angle, and didnt think much of it, but now i washed my car and noticed this 2-3inch vertical scratch on my rear bumper, right near the center. (kind of looks like a licence plate hit it) WHAT CAN I DO!? i am really upset because it looks horrible now, and i baby my car to death and know they did this! this isnt the first time i noticed weird things with my car when i get oil changes... once before i noticed they had oiled my door hinges and i see spots of oil on the door sill(where it says CELICA) and noticed a lot of scrapes/scratchs on the pass.side strut tower. HELP! ANY TIPS?! thanks.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Lessee, my dealer has chipped some leather off my steering wheel, torqued off a bolt on my valve cover, floored it over a speed bump, and after a warrantied lift bolt extraction, my car overheated three days later.

Good luck with your situation.

·
Registered
435 Posts
oh god... i haven't owned my car long enough to take it to the dealership for maintainence but you guys are making me nervous.

well damn, now that you guys mentioned it, they backed it into a pole in the dealer parkinglot before I bought it. It was parked two feet from a white pole and there was white paint chips on the rear bumper with an indent you can see in the sunlight... i pointed it out to them, they shrugged it off and said it was probably some young lot attendant. oh my.....

·
Registered
417 Posts
my car got scratched at my dealer. i told them that i found a scratch that wasent there when i left it. they offered to try to buff it out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the same problem with my dealership. I took it in for an oil change and everything seemed fine. A couple days later while washing my car I noticed a 2-3 inch horizontal scratch on my front bumper. I took the car down there and they replaced my front bumper. They didnt add some ghetto coverup, they replaced the entire thing. Give it a try, take it down there and just be nice about it. If they dont replace the bumper, they will most likely fix it somehow.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Oh man, that sucks. I think I have everyone beat when the dealership rolled my car onto a cement parking block which ripped off my front bumper among other things. I inspected every centimeter of my car before even thinking of taking her back. That same incident gave me arguments from hell, three oil leaks, bent tow hook, ruined underbody plastics, and a broken ballast.

You can try and bring it up to them when they aren't busy. Go in and talk to someone about it and let them know that you didn't notice it at first. There's obviously no guarantee that they'll want to fix something that there's no proof that they damaged, but you can try. :( If you've gone there frequently or bought the car there, you can use those lines. Dealerships have gone down the drain, it's hard to find a good one. Even after I found a cool dealership who replaced my '00 sunroof, someone backed into the car and stole stuff out of the car. Good luck! :)

mei*

·
Registered
726 Posts
im scared to death of dealers too. i took mine in for the gas tank recall and found a couple little scratches. went back and asked them and the ******* ****er denied it. the japanese salesman that sold the car to me had it fixed and touched up with his own money though. but yea , my stomach is tore all to hell when i have to take my car in to the dealer for somthing. good luck.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Bah you want a really bad dealer story check this one out. Lifted courtesy of Nasioc.com

So im going to vent. I live in alaska and im in the military. i bought a WRX while i was on leave last year and had it put on a barge and shipped to my home. no big deal everthing went ok. When normal people (IE: People who live in the lower 48) buy a car they dont think about where am i going to take it if it needs servicing. if they do its not high on the priority list. Well my suby needs servicing and the only %&#*@ place on this $)(#$* island i call home that works on cars is strangly enough a subaru dealership Thurston AUTO that sells only forresters and outbacks. There is another mechanic in town but he only works on 2 and 4 stroke marine engines. Well i got a service notice in the mail to replace something about the cruise control. THe island i live on is only 10 miles long so cruise control never gets used, however it needed to be corrected. so i took it to the dealership. Well the dealership was in awe at my car. nobody there has seen a WRX in person before, except when passing me on the road. I reluctantly handed my keys over and was told to come back tomorrow. Well that was last friday. saturday morning an emergeny arose and i needed my car so i went to the dealership and was told that i could not have my car back, becuse the mechanic TOOK THE ***** ENGINE APART ***. all he had to do was relpace a small plascic thingy. so i went into the repair bay a low and behold there is my car on the lift, my engine is on the ground resting on the oil pan. tranny (completly dissassembled) is on a bench. IM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW. I demanded to speak with the manager Bruce. turns out i know the manager very well. (he is my next door neighbor) I did not know Bruce was the manager of the dealership though. He appologized and promised to have it reassembled and returned free of charge on monday along with a written apollogy from the mechanic involved. moday morning im waiting at the doors to the dealership when bruce arrived. he apologized and let me in. around 830 the mechanic came in and said that some parts were broken during the dissassembly and he is waiting for them to arrive, he said that they were coming in from juneau and will arrive on wednesday morning. ok well Bruce gave me an 04 forrester untill then. wednesday morning again waiting at the door. Bruce tells me that the part i origionally brought the car in for did not come and will arrive on friday. So now im totaly pissed. Bruce told me to keep the forrester and come back friday afternoon. I went back friday afternoon bruce apollogized and called the mechanic to come and expain why he took my car apart. long and the short of it he saw my Helix up and down pipe and knew that they were not stock so he took the engine and drivetrain apart to look for more aftermaket parts. I dont care about my warrenty, i put them on for a reason. i told them there were aftermarket parts on there. well the mechanic explains that the part did not come in again and assures me that it will be in on monday. So i took the forrester home again. Saturday morning Bruce called me, thinking he had my car ready i did not answer the phone and instead drove right the the dealership. Bruce was waiting and let me in. he kept apollogizing and showed me into the repair bay. I could not believe what i saw. my subaru had been involved in an accident. the **** **** mechanic took it our for an **** off road joy ride and flipped my suby 3 times. It is not repairable. I called the SOA contact number i was given when i bought the car and filed a complaint regarding the dealership. They are sending someone to investigate. so im still driving the 04 forrester. I contacted Military Leagal assistance, the lawyer says im guarenteed and new car. Contacted BBB office in Juneau, AK filed complaint. Im still in shock. I dont know what else i can do. The mechanic was drunk when he wrecked my car, and the police wont let me beat the living **** out of him. The ploice moved the car to a secure lot behind the police station where they keep DUI cars and wont let me get to it to take pictures for the insurance agancy. Progressive is going to total the car they spoke to Bruce who confirmed for them that it is not repairable. Does anybody have any ides of what else i should do. Im still in shock and i dont know what else to do.

cliff notes: took car to dealership to fix cruise control, mechanic takes car apart does not give is back for a week then wrecks it during a drunken joy ride. very angry owner.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Originally posted by MikeGT
HELP! ANY TIPS?! thanks.
Change your oil yourself.

Handing your keys over to the hacks that work at Toyota dealerships should only be done for major repairs.

Even then I won't bring my MR2 to a Toyota dealership...those hacks will charge you $90 just to mis-diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by MISTER 2
Change your oil yourself.

Handing your keys over to the hacks that work at Toyota dealerships should only be done for major repairs.

Even then I won't bring my MR2 to a Toyota dealership...those hacks will charge you $90 just to mis-diagnose the problem.
Diagnostic fees are ridiculous.

I oddly enough have never had any Dealer issues. Period.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
If you didn't notice that the scratch was there until after washing your car at a later time, what makes you so sure that the people who work at the dealership were the ones responsible for the damage? You can't really point the finger at them with 100% confidence because you said that you couldn't even tell if the two cars bumped into each other, they were just really close.

People are ridiculously careless around other peoples cars in parking lots, there is a very good chance that some one else put the scratch in your car. If you investigated the possible contact between the cars by checking the bumper while it was in the service bay at the dealership, and found a fresh scratch on it, I would suggest that you firmly hold true to the resolve that they should repair the damage that they did to your car. But since you don't really know for sure whether they scratched your car or not, I would suggest that you settle this between you and your insurance company and leave the dealership out of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts