NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After wasting my time with one dealer who did not have a clue about my lift bolt issue, I decided to take it to another dealer. This time, I even brought the TSB. I told them that I don't feel lift after 6k rpm, and they tell me some crap about how I cannot reach 6k rpm unless I go 140mph..... Is it just me or are they idiots.

Anyhow, they also said that the TSB does not apply to my VIN number (which I will check when I pick up my car) and that the lift issue does not apply to automatic transmissions. Is that true? I'm 99.9% sure that I am having a lift issue, but no dealer seems to know what they are doing.

fyi, I have a 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S with an automatic transmission.

Is there a regional manager or some Toyota contact info that can do something about this? I am fed up with running in circles.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clarify, they said that the VVTLI TSB does not apply to automatic transmissions. Is that true?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
It should apply to them. There are no differences in teh head design. Look in the back of your manual, there should be a Toyota customer care number or something.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Te TSB does apply to automatics and all cars that are 2000 or 2001 are covered - sounds like the dealers near you are a real bunch of winners.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Just look up the TSB - do a search it has been linked / posted many times

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
One of the service people who check your car in and get your info from you told me that I would blow up my engine if I reved it past 6,000 RPM :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took my wife's 2000 auto gts in to have the lift bolts changed last July. Toyota Service personel refused to help and wanted me to pay for the complete TSB. My car was running fine. They would not replace just the lift bolts only. I bought 2 Flange bolts P/n 90105-06293 following the instructions I got off of this web site and replaced them myself. I don't usually work on cars so I was a little nervous messing with a car that seemed to be running great. I did notice that one bolt was hand tight. I unscrew it with my fingers. I did write a letter to toyota, They sent me back a form letter saying they always try their best.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fslaugts said:
I took my wife's 2000 auto gts in to have the lift bolts changed last July. Toyota Service personel refused to help and wanted me to pay for the complete TSB. My car was running fine. They would not replace just the lift bolts only. I bought 2 Flange bolts P/n 90105-06293 following the instructions I got off of this web site and replaced them myself. I don't usually work on cars so I was a little nervous messing with a car that seemed to be running great. I did notice that one bolt was hand tight. I unscrew it with my fingers. I did write a letter to toyota, They sent me back a form letter saying they always try their best.
That is ridiculous. Toyota keeps telling me my VIN number does not all into the range that the TSB addresses. I'm supposed to test drive with them on Wednesday. We'll see how that goes. So did changing those lift bolts fix your issue fslaughts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sildahz, I didn't really have any issues, I just wanted the newer bolt installed. I would of paid Toyota to do it. But they would not install only the bolts and wanted something like $600 to perform the tsb on my car. They were awful. This was my first really bad experience with toyota. So I was forced to do it myslf. Good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, test drove wtih some mechanic from the dealer, and he pretty much said that he doesn't care or know enough so he will escalate it to regional Toyota and have them test drive with me. A day later customer relations calls me back and tells me that they spoke with the regional advisor and were told to just perform the lift bolt TSB for me, but that if this does not fix the problem they are not responsible. I assume they didnt' want to go through the trouble of having me test drive with the regional technicians. Anyway, the TSB is supposedly performed and I will pick up my car later tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about having lift again.

By the way, anyone know of instructions on how to do a power steering fluid flush? They said mine was dirty and that it costs $130 to flush....

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i hope i wont have this much trouble when i go to my dealership to change my bolts..im just going complain a loss in power at lift and pull out my warrenty. Its says that the powertrain warrenty is cover up tp 60,000miles or 60 months. Its says that it covers Cylinder block and head and all INTERNAL PARTS. I still got time. Anyone think this will work without all the hassle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, so I picked up my car and guess what, I HAVE LIFT AGAIN! I'm going to make sure that both dealers I went to (Mossy Toyota and Kearny Mesa Toyota) realize that they were wrong and that the TSB is updated to include my VIN number. It's sad that I had to go through so much pain just to get something broken, fixed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts