NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my car in to toyota to get my squeaky belt replaced and picked up my car at about 3pm. Since then, my car has only been in 2 places. In my garage, and at work. At work, I always park my car where no cars are so I know it didnt get hit there. Anyways, I go home for lunch today and notice the scratch. Its not huge, but very noticable. And its also deeper than the paint.

So I call the dealership and tell them about it and they say they can try to buff it out, but there's nothing else they can do about it since I didn't tell them about it before I took my car.

Lesson learned. If you ever take your car to a shop, make sure you look over every inch of your car before you drive off.

I called Toyota USA HQ to complain also and I will get a call from the dealership in a few days. I hope they do the right thing.

Also, my alarm lets me know when its been off, and it never has. The only time I turned off my alarm was while it was getting serviced at the dealer. (it auto arms itself unless I turn it off)

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
damn that suxs.

not only dealerships dont have any clue about our cars and plus they screw it up when you take it there....now thats messed up

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
The 1st month that I owned my car, (hadn't even made a payment yet) I took it back to have the sterio replaced cause the CD skipped real bad. When I picked it up, they didn't have it in a parking space, it was just sitting in the middle of one of the middle of the lane where customers can park. Well, somebody didn't see my car there and backed right into the front bumper and put about 10" worth of deep scratches on it. I immediately got the MGR out there. At first he said that I couldn't prove that it happend here at the dealership. I went and got the owner of that dealer and had him take care of it. I got a new bumper/repainted and a free rental for 2 days AND a $150 gift certificate to the parts dept.
I hate it for ya. Sucks man.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Yea same thing happened to me when I went to Firestone to get my wheel alignment. And when I talked to them they gave me this attitude like they never even touched the bumper. I bet it was one of those high school kids that was working there. So I called the regional person but he gives me all this crap too. So I just said screw it because it didn't seem like I could do anything.

Then when I took my car in for the 6th time for some stupid rattling noise from the engine, they said the noise was coming up the downpipe from the exhaust. So they repositioned the exhaust since it was TRD. But couple days later the exhaust actually starts rattling and my bumper got a burnt mark. Those fackers! I don't even know why they came up with such a fackin dumb explanation in the first place of how engine noise can be caused by the exhaust.

However, even if you check before and after, they will tell you initially that you have no proof since it's not like you took pictures of everything before and after the service. Damn biatches.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Which dealer was this? Irvine Toyota? Who's your service advisor? After my tit for tat with Terri, I have no reason to take my car there anymore.

Anyway, that sucks to hear. Fortunately, I received a survey from Toyota re: my service experiences with them...I let them know what was up. :evil:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
alphasubzero949 said:
Which dealer was this? Irvine Toyota? Who's your service advisor? After my tit for tat with Terri, I have no reason to take my car there anymore.

Anyway, that sucks to hear. Fortunately, I received a survey from Toyota re: my service experiences with them...I let them know what was up. :evil:
No it is up in norcal, in a city called Davis (Hanless Toyota).

Yea I got a survery too, hahahaha I'll let them know exactly how I feel. In fact, on the bottom job comment section on the service job invoice, it says exactly, "You may receive a survey from the manufacturer. If for 'any' reason you cannot give us the best possible scores, please contact the service manager ASAP. Pleast help us by completing your survery well. Thank you."

Fack, how about you give me good service to begin with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts