NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I value all of your opinions so wanted to see what everyone thought. I am going to get a ricer roll call for my sponsors (and i have actualy always liked it along the bottom) I am going to have it go along the bottom of the car above the side skirt. I am also thinking of getting a veislide graphic becsaue its simple. Now issue comes down to color.

Option A is Silver. Looks good, stands out. Issue: stands out more

Option B is Black. Blend in more, matches black and c/f. Issue: may not be able to see it nor read the sponsors.

If anyone has pics of black decals on blue car that would be great. I see silver on blue all the time but never black. what do u all think??

decals wil run like this but in black or silver.

and then the basic veilside but not with that wierd part on the front fender.

This isnt a question of getting them or not incase there was confusion. I just want to know black or silver and deffinitly want to see pics of black on blue. so please dont post something along the lines of "dont get any" ;) I need to know prettymuch by end of today so if anyone has pics of the black that would be awsome

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Dan, you should get reflective black. I have this color as my fill-in on the hatch handle. No one notices it since it blends in with the CF handle, but once the flash goes off it "pops". This would be perfect for you since you bring your car to to HIN, which as you know is dimly lit, and very flash happy. ;)

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm. i was also thinking metalic black so it would stand out abit more as well. really want to see pics of black decals on blue car. did some searching and no luck

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Personally I like the way they look in the pic as everthing "flows" nicely

Besides, roll call logos/ graphics are ment to be seen.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
see then u have cars liek voodoo who make me want silver. deffinilty need to see black decal pic :(

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Dan, my opinion is "no." But I'm sure you already knew that ;) .

But definately good luck with everything and if I can find a blue Celica with black decals I'll send the pic along :thumbup:

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol yea i figured that would be opinion of many people but u know i always do what i like anyway :) I am really feeling the metallic charcole color. Seems like it would be the happy medium between black and silver. thoughts?

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
get one that glows in the dark. ive never seen that done before especially at dimly lit shows like HIN, i think that would be a hit.

·
Registered
386 Posts
IMO it would look good one or the other...
you have the black decals that would go with the CF, tires, everything dark...
Or you could go with the silver to match your lip on the rims, side markers and you're headlights....

I would go with the silver since you really don't have much on you're car that makes the lighter colors stand out.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I would be tempted to go with a DARK blue... make it monochromatic. :cool:

Maybe even a dark blue with a shimmer/sheen/ or metalic flake.

Monochromatic ALWAYS looks good. Well... unless you start with pink. :gayfight:

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
hombredelassrta said:
hmm. i was also thinking metalic black so it would stand out abit more as well. really want to see pics of black decals on blue car. did some searching and no luck
Reflective black looks just like metallic black in daylight. It's got that same shimmer to it.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys for all your input. i actually orderd the metallic cahrcole (dark grey) so we'll see how it turn out. toyota/scion/lexus show this weekend and i'll get some pics up

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no no i still need the photoshop but now in a differnt color ;) depending on how this these metallic charcole decals look on the car i will want the veilside done in it as well. can you get that same color? i can give you the officail color from the avery sheet later

·
Registered
756 Posts
hombredelassrta said:
no no i still need the photoshop but now in a differnt color ;) depending on how this these metallic charcole decals look on the car i will want the veilside done in it as well. can you get that same color? i can give you the officail color from the avery sheet later
oh. kwel. do you have a side picture of your car? pm'd me the picture. i'll get started on photochop tomorrow and send you pics.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.