NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got two of them finished this afternoon, turned out a LOT better than i thought they would! Let me know what you think!

:gap:

·
Registered
801 Posts
nice! im thinking about doing this sometime this summer. what kind of paint did you use and how long did you let them dry for?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to look at the can and let you know lol I took fine sandpaper and just did a light overall run down on the entire wheel. Wasn't perfect but i don't think it has to be. The 1 coat of white primer i let sit for about 30 minutes until it was mostly dry then put the first coat of satin black on. The first coat let sit for about 45 minutes second coat about an hour then did 2 quick back to back (about 10 minutes apart) coats of Gloss enamel. Looks good so far they were mostly dry when i put them back on but it was getting cooler so then weren't going to dry any faster. The 2 wheels took me about 4.5 hours total but i also did the center caps and the inserts on the wing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would be the reflection of the sun coming through the trees! I'll check on the brand for you when I get home

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You know i want to get rid of those! SOOOO bad...i wouldn't even mind someone covering it up with some black vinyl design if i can just find someone to do it!

Martin it was the Rust-Oleum brand i got it at Autozone. It was like $8.99 for the can

·
Registered
801 Posts
:thumbup: sweet man! thanks!

·
grocery getter
721 Posts
looks good, but would have gone with flat black. brake dust would be easier to clean than the gloss.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.