NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is stupid, but oh well.
So I have a 10lb nitrous express kit, along with the genx2 accessories sitting here. All I am missing is the mallory window switch, but now I am dobuting myself. Is it worth it to feel the 50/75hp increase? Or should I just slowly gather money for a turbo? Is it even worth putting my hotshot header in if I eventually(at least a year) get a turbo?

If I sold the nitrous stuff, I probably could get either a PFC+datalogit, or a new flywheel + clutch for turbo.. But it will be around 12 months before I can even think about affording a turbo.. Will I be satisfied with no increase in power and just waiting?

·
Registered
656 Posts
If it was me I would put the header in and the nitrous kit. Then you could always sell it later. Who knows you may be happy with the nitrous set up and not want the turbo. I know thats probably unlikely.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
you cant do it...12 months is a long time..you could have the nitrous and pfc by the time you setup for turbo...just get it and point your spray at other cars so when they rev at you can blow in there face

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
LEE3 said:
:werd: that way you can blow up your car!!! :rolleyes:
you can tune it smarta$s if you get the right ems. Just because to many idiots ran it and blow up there car does not mean it will blow up every car. Many high hp cars use nitrous below are the 3 common reason why peopl use it..

Three Benifits From Nitrous:

#1 nitrous or co2 is also used to cool the engine to stop heatsoak

#2 when you have a big turbo, it also helps to spool it up

#3 if your automatic it helps you get out the dig.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another option would be to sell my motorcycle.. I'd have enough for the Turbo/Install then... But I'd have no vehicle to drive while the turbo is being installed, so slight problem.

·
Registered
656 Posts
emotart said:
you can tune it smarta$s if you get the right ems. Just because to many idiots ran it and blow up there car does not mean it will blow up every car. Many high hp cars use nitrous below are the 3 common reason why peopl use it..

Three Benifits From Nitrous:

#1 nitrous or co2 is also used to cool the engine to stop heatsoak

#2 when you have a big turbo, it also helps to spool it up

#3 if your automatic it helps you get out the dig.
It is definantly beneficial but stock internals can only handle so much. Not to mention the stock tranny. If your running 7psi + 50 shot your asking for disaster. I agree with you it can be tuned but your going to want forged internals if your running turbo and nitrous.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
black02gt said:
It is definantly beneficial but stock internals can only handle so much. Not to mention the stock tranny. If your running 7psi + 50 shot your asking for disaster. I agree with you it can be tuned but your going to want forged internals if your running turbo and nitrous.
Correct that is why all my stuff is built up

·
Registered
656 Posts
emotart said:
Correct that is why all my stuff is built up
Yes but I doubt the thread starter is going to be built.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Uhh. I never said Nitrous AND turbo...

Choices are:
-Nitrous now.. A long time passes, remove nitrous, add turbo..
-Sell Nitrous kit, a shorter time passes.. Add turbo.

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
lol everybody's makin tough decisions today...:( if it was me, I would go ahead and put the nitrous on, get a PFC and learn how to tune it...that way you already have your computer for your f/i application, you'll know how to use it (which could save you some $$ down the f/i road), you'd learn about your engine, and you'd feel what its like to have more power in that car...that's just my 2 cents tho...I got my own choices to make

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
suprise us..ive lost intrest on what you want to do. put the number 1(n20) and 2(turbo) on a small piece of paper. eat them. take exlax. later on when you poop which ever number you pick is the one you go with.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jayspeedy24 said:
suprise us..ive lost intrest on what you want to do. put the number 1(n20) and 2(turbo) on a small piece of paper. eat them. take exlax. later on when you poop which ever number you pick is the one you go with.
Interesting idea .

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hey I sold u that kit!!!...Just use the kit for a bit and see how u like it...u always have the option of selling it and getting a turbo...stop wasting time and run that puppy on nitrous.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts