NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just weighing some options of a S/C on the auto gts or changing vehicles completely. Any of u ever taken the new eclipse out for a test drive? Just looking at some specs seems decent performance with the 6spd and 3.8l 4valve. 265 hp seems like a good starting point to me. What u guys think of the eclipse? I know i got to take it out for a test drive to see what I think and do some more research. But damn a 3.8L than runs on premium only ouch gas has got to hurt.

Also thinking about an rsx-s.

I really like my celica but at the same time I read through the stickies and not sure if I would be able to trouble shoot any problems that may arise with E manage, I don't have big money to spend on a stand alone. Id give my left nutt for a blitz system.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I think the new Eclipses are ugly
fugly to be exact

i don't think i would mod an auto car, let alone put in an s/c, but i think an rsx-s would be fun.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I drove my friends new eclipse and I must say I was pretty impressed with the engine power; it felt pretty torquie. But the handling didnt come close to that of the celicas, plus the reliability of a Mitsubishi hasnt been the greatest. If I were you I would opt for the type-s

·
Registered
795 Posts
Rsx all the way. New eclipses are ugly!! If you want something that is quick. Get a 2g eclipse and bolt a big 16g or 20g turbo kit on it. I had this setup, and was putting out about 350hp with just cams and the turbo kit. I would easily pull on any car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts