·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to work this morning a deer decides to commit suicide

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tell the insurance company exactly what happened, they will believe you. You aren't solving a murder, they don't need evidence that a deer hit you. They probably get thousands of claims just like yours a year, and unless they are a horrible customer service company you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
same thing happened with me. I hit a deer but it was so light that it was barely visible. There were only a couple hairs on the car. I had swerved and pretty much missed it and then slammed into a curb in the process. Stupid deer. Anyway, insurance companies are good at telling what is real and what's not and they'll be able to tell from the signs of it that it's a deer most likely. Don't forget they are trained to pick up stuff you and I might not see.

·
Registered
473 Posts
A deer ran into the driver's side of my dads truck one time. He didnt even see it to swerve, just nailed him. Insurance paid for a new door. Of course since it was an old faded out farm truck we had a bright shiny red door for a couple weeks. Hasnt been that color for years.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No there isn't even a dent!!!!!! It was the strandest thing. I mean this deer nailed me.. When it hit the side of my car it sound like a shotgun went off. I was expecting my whole side to be dented in but there is just alittle spider in the paint about the size of a 50 cent peice and then light scratches down the side of my car. That is why i am worried about what the adjuster is going to say when i take it to him next thursday. The damage at most will be 400 bucks.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cbgt4me said:
did you take the deer home for BBQ?

If i would of been driving my Jeep then yes i would of took it home and fried up some nice juicy tender loins, but there was no way in hell i was going to throw that thing in the trunk of the celi.

·
Registered
842 Posts
GT-Skid said:

If i would of been driving my Jeep then yes i would of took it home and fried up some nice juicy tender loins, but there was no way in hell i was going to throw that thing in the trunk of the celi.
eww :ugh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
whats your deductable? if the damage isnt a lot you might be better to pay out of pocket and not worry about the claim

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would tie a rope to the legs of the deer and drag it home, while leaving long bloody trial along the highway.. hehe just kidding.. sorry about the news, luckily is not too much of a damage.
One time in Chicago, a deer went head on w/ my company mini-van , Honda Oddessy, smash the front wondow, the radiator pushed in, front hood is totally damage. 4000 USD to repair....

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
kleinma said:
whats your deductable? if the damage isnt a lot you might be better to pay out of pocket and not worry about the claim
hitting a deer is under comprehensive (Act OF God) so there is no deductable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts