NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 GT-S with a TRD kit. It also has a drop but I do not know how much. Well, I live in Arkansas and there are a lot of deer. I was going down the road when this civic flashes his lights at me as he was going south and I was going north. I thought there might be a cop ahead but I didnt know so I slowed down to about 50-55. Then I see something in the road dead. I had went over plenty of possums and crap so I thought no big deal. .5 seconds before going over it I realize it is a deer lying length-wise in the road and RUN RIGHT OVER THE TOP OF IT! I was like, "oh no" but thought that it had not done anything because my exhaust was still on and I didnt hear anything anyway dragging after I went over it. When I stop and look at the bumper, all that is holding it up is the right side screws and the exhaust, which melted it somewhat. The only reason it didnt break my front end lip is cause I had to take it off because it had already broken mysteriously. All the brackets below the trunk, on the wheel well, and the brackets around the exhaust are broken. I was also the one that had his front lip bust not too long ago too. I am going to get the Kaminari front and rear but leave the sides for now. If anyone knows where I can get them (preferably painted liq. silver), shot me a pm.

·
Registered
755 Posts
If you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all..man that sucks

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yeah that sucks man. Similar thing happened to me yesterday. I was on my way home from a road trip to a concert and I was following my buddy in his lifted Jeep on the freeway doing 70+. I could only see maybe 30-40ft of the road in front of me because I was behind him plus traffic in the lane next to me. Well all of a sudden I see a ripped up deer come under his truck but he passes right over it and my wheel is lined up to hit it so I swerved over but there was a car next to me in the other lane so all I could do is line up to try to get it to go under my car which I did but it nailed the front lip and it sounded like it hit something underneath. Keep in mind My Celica is stock height right now, so I checked out the damage later and luckily it didn't break anything.. just had some hair and bloody chunks caught up in the under carriage... scared the crap out of me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts