NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an artical about it maybe a year ago online (cant remember the website), and on tech tv today. This guy figured out a way to make oil/ gas / natural gas out of almost any trash or waste. He has multiple plants across the us and europe. Anyone else hear of this. You would think that a process like this would lower gas prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
dmaxd03 said:
Saw an artical about it maybe a year ago online (cant remember the website), and on tech tv today. This guy figured out a way to make oil/ gas / natural gas out of almost any trash or waste. He has multiple plants across the us and europe. Anyone else hear of this. You would think that a process like this would lower gas prices.
Actually that would increase prices.

It takes more energy to break the materials down to get the oil back out of it than the energy the oil itself contains.
 

·
Just call me GnG
Joined
·
3,750 Posts
hey where can i buy Mr. Fuzion?? I want it to power my car instead of the flux capacitor.

But yea, ive seen a thing in my biology class a long time ago in middle school about that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
There was a couple of articles in Discovery magazine about that. Taking leftover turkey parts (or any slaughterhouse parts) and other various organic waste and converting into oil, diesel, etc. Problem is, they can only crank out a couple thousand barrels a day. Not much compared to the millions of bpd the US alone uses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
djm221 said:
There was a couple of articles in Discovery magazine about that. Taking leftover turkey parts (or any slaughterhouse parts) and other various organic waste and converting into oil, diesel, etc. Problem is, they can only crank out a couple thousand barrels a day. Not much compared to the millions of bpd the US alone uses.
Yeah. It seems like more of a recycling technology. It is better than just throwing away a bunch of turkey guts but raising turkeys specifically to turn them into oil would be of little use considering you have to first spend energy to grow the food to feed the turkeys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Gas-n-Grease said:
hey where can i buy Mr. Fuzion?? I want it to power my car instead of the flux capacitor.

But yea, ive seen a thing in my biology class a long time ago in middle school about that.
Ok.. first off... the Flux Capacitor "is what makes time travel possible!" It does not convert waste into fuel! That's the job of Mr. Fusion!!! So get your parts right, damnit!!! :gap: :rofl:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top