NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously looking for the GTS extended. I know it's a long shot, but any out there??!!

It's the last thing I need to make her perfect.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Call all the toyota stores/dealers/retailers in the area for a parts quote. Go with who quoted you the lowest and move on from that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. That is the only one I can find. Sent them a message a few days ago and have heard nothing back. Can find no reviews on them either. Are they reputable?

Would totally be willing to pay that new.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you, but I wish it was that easy. It was discontinued years ago :cry:
I was talking about back room stock that has been sitting a decade and a half, I know in canada it takes a backroads mechanics shop for that kind of luck but I'm going to be doing what I recommended you in the next couple months

·
Registered
92 Posts
Call all the toyota stores/dealers/retailers in the area for a parts quote. Go with who quoted you the lowest and move on from that
They don't exist new anymore. Every place that claims to have it in stock will cancel your order and say it was a mistake. I've gone through this already and many others have. You will have to find a used one or somehow find one that's hidden in a warehouse that nobody knows about.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Dealers and manufacturers are only required to maintain stock for 7 years .. most check it in the skip soon after.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They don't exist new anymore. Every place that claims to have it in stock will cancel your order and say it was a mistake. I've gone through this already and many others have. You will have to find a used one or somehow find one that's hidden in a warehouse that nobody knows about.
Dealers and manufacturers are only required to maintain stock for 7 years .. most check it in the skip soon after.
I don't know how I forgot that I knew about the minimum number of years stock is held...

I still think it's worth a shot in case they have a record of a wreck that had it and is still under toyota ownership or at least that they have the last known location etc, after all they want any lead they can get.

My local Toyota dealer still has early 7th gen Celica Windshields in stock ( I phoned for a quote when I had a less apprehensive idea of the dineros I will spend on my beutay before I can drive her fully )

·
Registered
176 Posts
Your best bet is to just buy the Magnaflow exhaust as it's the closest to the TRD design and sound. Allegedly, Magnaflow made the TRD mufflers anyways, and I've seen both and the only difference is how the endpipe attaches to the resonator (TRD uses a flange, Magnaflow doesn't). The only thing is that it'll be the standard length and thus, you will need to extend it yourself which is easy at a reputable exhaust shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts