NewCelica.org Forum banner

Destroyed Trasmission

1K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  marc 
#1 ·
I guess you can add me to the list of people who've blown a GT transmission due to F/I.

60k miles on the transmission , TRD limited slip differential
Only pushing 210 ft lb Torque.

I'm purchasing a GTS transmission tomorrow to throw in temporarily till i can afford c2gas's gear set.

1st and 2nd gear are stuck together i believe.

I will be selling a TRD limited slip diff on here if it's salvagable.

#4 ·
Ahh man. We know how you feel.
I still have an eu GTS tranny in, like waiting for time to swap the new tranny in ( it is sitting in the garage), but it is much shorter then the GT, but its even longer then the US GTS. Im not sure if you will love the GTS tranny at all. But prolly better to resell a 6sp then a 5sp GT.
Lets see how Smaay will like his straight cut gears in the near future (they are just different).

#5 ·
Sorry to hear it bud :(

You need the tranny and the shifter and maybe the cables and that should do it.

I seem to recall people saying it bolted right up.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Smaay
Ouch...thats alot of torque....im in the same boat buddy, im waiting for the C2gas gears right now...about 3 more weeks left...:applaud: :applaud: :thumbup:
:thumbup:

#10 ·
I guess the LSD causes a lot more stress to the tranny.

#12 ·
Just remember, your quarter mile time will suffer, as you will surely be shifting into 5th at about 95 MPH.

#13 ·
Asha'man said:
I guess the LSD causes a lot more stress to the tranny.
Yes it does - Illusive killed his 6speed with only 180 whp or so just from having solid mounts, an LSD, and drag radials.

#14 ·
Originally posted by Masayver
Just remember, your quarter mile time will suffer, as you will surely be shifting into 5th at about 95 MPH.
so are you saying its not worth swaping in the gts 6 speed tranny?

#16 ·
Don't you need the 6-speed housing for c2gas' gear set anyways?

#17 ·
I'm saying that if you're a 1/4-mile junkie, the US 6-speed tranny is not a good option, as it will slow you down. I think the Euro GT 6-speed tranny might be the better option, if you want 6 gears. Personally, I like my 6-speed tranny. When I was N/A and driving the 5-speed, I always felt like I needed to shift into 6th gear, and now, I don't have the longing, cuz I can shift into 6th gear :)

Also, it's fun to have the 6-speed and LSD in the twisties. I'm not sure that there's an LSD for the 5-speed, though I could be wrong.

#18 ·
I was running SF's "tuner Kit"

Pretty much his turbo manifold , I/c, and charge pipes.
Turbosmart dual manual boost controller
Fuel system: Power FC, 550cc injectors, 250 lph fuel pump, SF fuel rail.

Turbo: T3 .48/60

#20 ·
Originally posted by Alfy1
Also is it worth having a 2.0L?
:werd: How much was it to get it installed too.

#21 ·
If my memory serves me right...

labor for re-assembling the engine was about $1100
Pistons & rods approx $1300
Machine work w/ aluminum deck fabrication/ o-ringing : $700
Copper head gasket $200

This has been over a year long process and i can't remember exact figures off the top of my head.

The butt dyno tells me the extra displacement is worth it, i felt a difference n/a that there was more pull there.

#24 ·
I thought the GT-S transmission had other gear ratio;s....

c2gas installed a GT-S transmission on his GT and he only reaches 80km p/h in 2nd gear. This used to be 100km p/h.

#26 ·
cmiguel32 said:
If my memory serves me right...

labor for re-assembling the engine was about $1100
Pistons & rods approx $1300
Machine work w/ aluminum deck fabrication/ o-ringing : $700
Copper head gasket $200

This has been over a year long process and i can't remember exact figures off the top of my head.

The butt dyno tells me the extra displacement is worth it, i felt a difference n/a that there was more pull there.
you should get faster spoolup due to the extra displacement and a bit more torque

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.