NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am the seccond owner of my car. the previous owner purchased the car in august of 2000, so i assumed that the warrenty would carry over until august of this year. i made an appointment this morning to get a few "known problems" fixed on my car:

1) headlights fogging up
2) driver's side rear quarter panel comming apart
3) trunk leaking
4) CEL

After driving to the toyota service center, im informed that the "in-service" date of my car was january 18, 2000, and my warrenty had expired in back in january. i asked the sales rep what the in-service date was, and hes definition was "when the car was shipped out".

that makes no sense to me at all. can someone give me feedback about this???

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
CGts00 said:
i always thought the warranty starts when the first buyer purchases it...i think your getting screwed...
Not exactly true. Often dealer demo's are sold as "demo" cars, but they are drivin for a good number of miles before they are bought.

In those cases, the warranty starts when the car starts getting driven around, not sure all of the details, but when I bought a demo car with 4500 on the odometer, I asked about the warranty, and they said it started a 0 miles and 4 months before I bought the car.

The dealership should have told you when the warranty period was going to be up, but I doubt they actually broke the law.

That being said, they should also comp the service this time around.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts