NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
it was a bit of an adventure to say the least... but I got the first one out of the way

I used the TA03 harness WITHOUT the blue box that it came with and hooked it up to a Sony CDX-M620

I did a test b4 putting everything together and it sounded significatly better then stock... so

after putting everything back, I went for a test drive and discovered 2 issues;

1 - there is no sound when I play CD's, tired multiple discs, burned and original... u can see the headunit's display playing them but there is no sound at all. Radio works fine.

2 - I've got the whinning noise when accelerating. I did a search and discovered that some of u have been able to get rid of the noise by mounting the ground somewhere else. can someone provide me with more detail?

anyway, i hope you guys can help. thanks.

oh and can someone tell me how to remove the face from the deck? it would be an added bonus ;)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
that re-grounding thing aint gonna do crap my friend. it sucks dont it? i hooked it up the same as you to keep things simple and let it be until i get an amp. i honestly cant understand why there would be no sound from CD's but you could hear radio. that's pretty weird. i wish i could help ya, but im not the most knowledgable with car audio :(

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Well, have you tried other CD's? Like, burned CD's and actual purchased ones? If you still have no sound, bring the deck back.

As for the alt whine, it is usually a bad ground. I'm not familiar with the wiring harness everyone talks about since I never like using them. But what what you said, a new ground might help. There are grounding locations on each side of the car in the kick panel areas. Also, the plastic "bowl" in each kick panel that holds all the wiring has a bolt in the front of it. That's a good ground. Just try running a jumper wire and see what it does. If it works, then hide the wire.

Hopefully someone else with more experience can help ya' out more though. I'm just making guesses. :ugh:

Curt

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
solid, thanks for the info guys.

I spent this morning trying to figure out the problem and I did get the CD player working. turns out the deck had two sub remote wires... I used the one with 0.1 max amp or whatever, I switched this with the the 0.3 max wire and finally got it working

drawback, i get slight noise once the deck is powered on... I'm going to have to try those grounding points

Thanks again guys. if anyone has more info on getting rid of the noise and whines please share :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts