NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got %5 tint on my black celi. I only paid $100 for it and the guy did a really good job. I watched him do it and it barely took an hour an a half.

The legal limit here in Indiana is %15 but I've only ever known 1 person who got pulled over for it and it was because their windshield had more tint than just a brow.

So, does anyone regret tinting theirs? If I'm in a tight spot at night I've got to roll my windows down to see my mirrors clearly, but besides that I think it looks great and I love that no one can see inside my car.

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
I regret tinting mine. FL legal ttint sucks..I shouldve went 15% all around.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This worries me. You should never have to roll your windows down so you can see. Either don't tint your windows or get quality tint. Personally I think non tinted windows look a lot better anyway.
Haha I get ya. It's only in dark, tight spots. Like when I'm parked at my friend's house with no lights next to a couple cars and I have to turn around.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Legal limit on the front driver and passenger windows is 25%. If you have both rear view mirrors, there's no limit on the back. I paid to have mine done, asked for dark as I could legally get up front, 20% on the back. He did 35 all the way around and told me that if I didn't pay the $300 he wouldn't give my car back. F$&@ing douchebag.

Got bored last week and got some 5% tint and stacked it on the back. Love it

·
Work In Progress...
362 Posts
I have a 5% all around but I have a hard time seeing through my side mirrors at night. I wish I went with a lighter tint on the front windows. Look wise it's amazing and it does help keep the heat out since I have leather.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Had 20% all around on the Celica with a legal limit of 50 driver/passenger and anything in rear. I got pulled over for a warning twice with that setup.

I'm running with 35% all around on my GTI and some Air Blue(80% that you can barely see, but it still blocks 43% heat and 99%UV) on the front windshield. Keeps the black leather interior much, much cooler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts