NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my AEM CAI but I want to change up the sound.
I dont like this nasaly beating noise it gets when its under load in low RPM, does anyone else know what Im talking about?

Im thinking if I switch out the filter with a weapon R dragon it will take care of the problem becuase it doesent have a rubber cap on it.

My question is, am I running a greater risk of hydro lock putting a filter that was designed for short ram on my cold air?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Ugh, don't put that Weapon R junk filter on anything. :thumbdown It's foam with horrible filtration ability. K&N is way superior. Besides, changing the filter won't change the type of noise the CAI makes. As long as you have the undercar and wheel well plastics still on, you shouldn't have to worry about hydrolocking your car unless you drive through water 1ft+ high.

·
Registered
245 Posts
whats the stock filter?? Or is it just a generic AEM one??

I cbf searching... =P

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
AEM came with a k&n if i'm not mistaken? I messed up mine during a wreck and replaced it with this one from k&n

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
aerowilson182 said:
Did any of you notice any kind of changes with the new filter?
the sound is a little more meaner and deeper when hitting lift. i dont know why, maybe its because of the aluminum housing?? but i'm loving my filter.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by TRlPPlN
the sound is a little more meaner and deeper when hitting lift. i dont know why, maybe its because of the aluminum housing?? but i'm loving my filter.
Did you oil the filter before you put it on? Or did it come preoiled? I know before I oiled mine, my intake was extremely loud, but after, it quieted down noticeably.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
Did you oil the filter before you put it on? Or did it come preoiled? I know before I oiled mine, my intake was extremely loud, but after, it quieted down noticeably.
i bought it used but cleaned and not oiled.

BTW your new sig looks pretty damn cool..lol.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by TRlPPlN
i bought it used but cleaned and not oiled.
You should definitely go to your nearest auto store and pick up some filter oil spray. The oil helps capture all of the dust, dirt, and smaller particles that the cotton gauze can't, so without it, the filter won't be working at 100%.
Originally posted by TRlPPlNBTW your new sig looks pretty damn cool..lol.
Thanks! :D Needed to shrink it a bit to fit the 2nd half (just added an hour ago), so I did a little updating. ;)

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
You should definitely go to your nearest auto store and pick up some filter oil spray. The oil helps capture all of the dust, dirt, and smaller particles that the cotton gauze can't, so without it, the filter won't be working at 100%.Thanks! :D Needed to shrink it a bit to fit the 2nd half (just added an hour ago), so I did a little updating. ;)
i did oil it with those k&n filter charger kit before i put it on. i would get the blitz filter but damn...it costs a pretty penny for one.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Yeah, I've heard those Blitz filters let a lot of water in, since they have no oil to repel it. Then the water starts to pool up in the first bend of the CAI rather fast. If the water manages to collect enough close off the pipe, it's hydrolock time. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts