NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
the exterior shape is obviously different, but the inside clips look pretty much the same, i mean they are made out of plastic, if something is preventing them from fitting they can be cut/sanded/grinded down to fit cant they?

·
Banned
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the exterior shape is obviously different, but the inside clips look pretty much the same, i mean they are made out of plastic, if something is preventing them from fitting they can be cut/sanded/grinded down to fit cant they?
i got 00-02 fitted on my 03 and it sucks badly...i had it screwd @ a few places and looks like crap ...didnt have a choice because i needed a 3pods for my gauges...so the 3 pods mold piece didn't work on the 03+ so i had no choice to but the 00-02 pillar

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Isn't the bottom of them that goes along the dash different in shape also?

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Yeah, this is all true. But why are you using 00-02 pillars? I have 03+ styled pillars on my '01 but that's because I needed them to fit my Top Shop CF headliner, which was modeled after an '03 headliner. The headliner is the key to getting the pillars to fit. I have no issues with my setup.

·
Banned
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, this is all true. But why are you using 00-02 pillars? I have 03+ styled pillars on my '01 but that's because I needed them to fit my Top Shop CF headliner, which was modeled after an '03 headliner. The headliner is the key to getting the pillars to fit. I have no issues with my setup.
because the 3 pods piece only wraps with the 00-02 one's

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
this was discussed many years back 1st when bayson R made a set of carbon fiber pillars and i testfitted them discovering the problem (noone on here seemed to know it was a problem until i found out) and then rediscussed when topshop used my headliner to make the non sunroof model as well as their c/f ones. the headliner design at that point is also different.

·
Banned
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this was discussed many years back 1st when bayson R made a set of carbon fiber pillars and i testfitted them discovering the problem (noone on here seemed to know it was a problem until i found out) and then rediscussed when topshop used my headliner to make the non sunroof model as well as their c/f ones. the headliner design at that point is also different.
well then,, thanks for refreshing us ...:thumbup:

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
lol just updating the history if it was searched :D but yea 00-02 can be used on 03+ but not too well. the 03+s really dont mesh with the 00-02 headliner. there were pics way back showing the difference as well but i dont recall where

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
what if you have an 00-02 w/sunroof and you get an 03+ interior, would you have any problems? i know people have done it, but it looks like the a pilar has a spike that goes in somewhere on the 03+

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
what if you have an 00-02 w/sunroof and you get an 03+ interior, would you have any problems? i know people have done it, but it looks like the a pilar has a spike that goes in somewhere on the 03+
When I did my swap I kept my old a pillars and headliner. Since the factory 03+ a pillars and headliner don't match or coordinate with the rest of the 03+ interior, I painted my 00-02 a pillars and wrapped my headliner in suede.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.