NewCelica.org Forum banner

Differences in Dynos

744 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  WAR 
#1 ·
Well i just got my Turbo Magazine in the mail and i was looking through it. Found an article where they took the same car to 6 different dynos in the same day to see what the differences were. Its alot bigger then i thought it would be...about 37 horsies between the highest and the lowest....heres the details for ya to splurge through:

The car tested was a stock 350Z.

DynaPack 5500 - Hydraulic - Dynapack Series 4.5.3 - 249.4 hp - 247.8 tq

DTS - Eddy Current - DTS B18.3.5 - 257.6 hp - 556.3 tq ( no account for gear reduction )

Dynojet 248 - Inertia - WinPeP 6.03 - 235.8 hp - 227.8 tq

Dynojet 248 - Inertia - Pep 4.94 ( DOS v7.8 ) - 243.7 hp - 237.2 tq

Clayton VTT - Eddy Current - VVT 6.1 - 265.7 hp - 240.6tq

Super Flow SF 1853 - Eddy Current - WinDyn - 228.9 hp - 226.6 tq

The first item in the dyno itself..the second is the type of dyno..the third is the software used and then u have the hp and tq averages out of 3 pulls at each.

The Dynapack 5500 dyno is attached by removing the wheels and then using like a hub adapter to attach it to the machine.

All the other dynos just seems to use the rollers.

As you can see there is a pretty big difference in the numbers from place to place. This all took place during one day with the same car. Just thought this was kind of interesting so i would post it here so you all could see it too. :D

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
The ones at the top were done in the morning and then the one at the bottom was done the latest. They were all indoor facilities as far as i could tell and the time range was from about 10am to 5pm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.