NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a b/m oil cooler and on the box it says for auto tranny. I looked around and I dont see aything that is manuel specific. Is there really a difference b/t auto and manuel oil coolers? I know there may be a difference in lines/hardware but not the actual unit itself. Does anyone know for sure? And would it be ok to use the oil cooler on the manuel?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Manual Trans Cooler? How do you plan on moving the oil through the cooler without a pump? Last time I checked, our manual transmissions (or ANY manual transmissions that don't already incorporate an oil cooler) did not incorporate a fluid pump.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
boostjunkie26 said:
Manual Trans Cooler? How do you plan on moving the oil through the cooler without a pump? Last time I checked, our manual transmissions (or ANY manual transmissions that don't already incorporate an oil cooler) did not incorporate a fluid pump.
I had just assumed that he was talking about a motor oil cooler since I have never heard of anyone using a tranny fluid cooler on the M/T.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im talking about oil cooler for manuel/auto engines. On the box it says auto transmission oil cooler. I was just drawing a line b/t the two when I refered to auto/manuel, so there was no confusion. I dont see why it wouldnt work. I just need some other input, from the more experienced. Or maybe you guys could give me a place that sells a good oil cooler. Im trying to use trd as a last resort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts