NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody, I'm new to this forum, and was looking for some help. I have gotten info from here many times before but couldnt find this anywhere...

I have a 2002 celica gt that I 2ZZ swapped with the C60 trans. My trans began popping out of 6th gear, so i bought a 2000 GTS with a blown motor, and took the transmission from that. I swapped the new transmission in with the drivers side axle attached (because i didnt really know how to remove it without destroying the CV),
BUT THE NEW AXLE IS WAY SHORTER THAN MY OLD ONE
the new axle is so short, it doesnt even reach the spindle, not even close...
how is this axle different length than my old one? don't all C60 celicas use the same axle?
tomorrow i plan to take out the short axle and replace it with my old, longer one... I'm just wondering how this is possible. same car should have the same axles right? I dont know if this matters, bu the old trans has a 'cup' looking part attached to the transaxle filled with grease, i think this may cause the difference in length, but im not sure if i should try to frankenstein them together. any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
yeah i dont know what you did here, its obvious the short axle is driver side and long is passenger side. the axles are interchangeable between GT and GTS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts