NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased injectors for a 1ZZ-FE off the boards here to replace the ones in a 2000 Celica. I ended up swapping the injectors and the car wouldn't start. swapped back the old ones and the car fired right up. I compared the two injectors and they physically look the same (green denso injectors) however when I compared part numbers on the injectors, they were different

OEM Denso's in the car (worked) - Markings on the injector
23250-22040

Denso's purchased from a member (did not work)
23250-0D040

What kind of injectors did I buy?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just because they are the same size injectors and flow the same doesn't necessary mean they are the same injectors. Connectors are fine since the old injectors fired up the car instantly. These must be for a different engine.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Just because they are the same size injectors and flow the same doesn't necessary mean they are the same injectors. Connectors are fine since the old injectors fired up the car instantly. These must be for a different engine.
Any high impedance injectors should work, provided you have the right connectors. The fact that they flow the same just means the ECU is already perfectly tuned for them.

Assuming they're not varnished and sticking, my money's on needing different connectors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to give an update on my injector dilemma. Hooked a 12V source to the injectors and only one of the 4 were opening (clicking). SOOOOOOO time to inform the seller so I can get a refund.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Just wanted to give an update on my injector dilemma. Hooked a 12V source to the injectors and only one of the 4 were opening (clicking). SOOOOOOO time to inform the seller so I can get a refund.
AH, like I said, assuming they're not bad....

Glad you got this problem resolved.

BTW, tapping on them can sometimes get them firing :shrugs:

·
Registered
120 Posts
first off i don't apperciate the crap ur saying about me or anybody else for that matter. I have never done anything to you and also i sold you all of that at a discount that ME AND YOU, not just me, agreed to. If you look at what other people are selling USED coilpacks for on here you got a pretty freakin good discount! AND for that matter you agreed that you got them cheaper than my askng price and NOW U want the full asking price back, i dont know about you but that seems a little stupid and im sure that others would agree. Further more those injectors were working fine when i had them on a used motor that i bought from lowredcruz! If you dont believe me(who ever is reading this thread) ask lowred!! Further more me or my "deadbeat fiancee" as you call him said we wouldn't give you SOME money back!!!! IM NOT however gonna give you the full asking price back when you didn't even pay half of what I was askiing. SO quit lying your just ticked because you didn't get your way!!!! And also you say i'm not giving back to the community BUT everybody else who has bought from me LOVES what they got. Also not trying to say this in front of everybody but i have one question.... How old r you again? i'm asking because you chose to through in naming calling.... this is a place for grown ups not grown men trying to act like this is kindegarten. GROW UP!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have never done anything to you and also i sold you all of that at a discount that ME AND YOU, not just me, agreed to.
Well considering the circumstances, YOU SOLD ME BROKEN INJECTORS!!! What don't you understand about this situation? Yes you sold me discounted injectors and coilpacks that WE BOTH AGREED ON!!! Do you understand what OBO means? You must since you used it in your classifieds ad but let me spell it out for you.

Or
Best
Offer

We BOTH AGREED on a price since your parts weren't selling for months. Why wouldn't I offer less than your asking price? You didn't have to accept it but you did. I paypaled you the money and expected working products in exchange.

YOU stated and I quote, "ll items are used and are in good working shape"

If you look at what other people are selling USED coilpacks for on here you got a pretty freakin good discount!
I don't care if I bought them from you for a penny. You agreed to the price so don't throw it back in my face like I stole them from you.

AND for that matter you agreed that you got them cheaper than my askng price and NOW U want the full asking price back, i dont know about you but that seems a little stupid and im sure that others would agree.
Since we BOTH agreed on a discounted price for BOTH the coilpacks AND injectors, the only basis I had to ask for a refund was what you posted originally. I figured the time and money that I spent to buy, install, remove, reinstall and diagnosis the problem JUST to find out you sold me broken injectors, that the $25 original asking price was a adequate refund. Regardless of the fact, I receive a response from you BOYFRIEND. You personally couldn't even respond to my personal message. Here is his response.

"well ok technically you got the injectors free because ask your toyota tech buddy how much coil packs are a piece there about 80 to 90 bucks a piecie and so basically you got three coil packs and 4 injectors free cause one of those coil packs was 90 bucks. no where on the page does it say parts come with warrenty or they are garentee . I AM REALLY SORRY but basically since you got 4 coil packs and there was nothing wrong with them they all work you got the injectors free. i cut you a deal on all those parts and you know it. I AM SORRY THEY DID NOT WORK. But there is no way i can give you a refund not for 25 dollars and then you get the coil packs for 95 dollars. that doesn't make any cents. I don't know why your asking for the injectors back since you got them free. AND BY THE WAY THIS IS NOT GT GIRL this is her fiancee the one that does the selling and takes the parts off nothing towards you or her but you got them coilpack at a DEAL and got the injectors free. SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENCE."

Further more those injectors were working fine when i had them on a used motor that i bought from lowredcruz! If you dont believe me(who ever is reading this thread) ask lowred!!
Wow, great response. I haven't heard that before. They must have "magically" broke when you shipped them. Oh well the buyer is screwed. I don't have to ask lowredcruz because I didn't buy anything from lowredcruz. I bought them from GT Girl and when they arrived, they did NOT work. That is your responsibility to check your parts before you send them out to other forum members. Do I have to reiterate your post in your classified???

"ll items are used and are in good working shape"

Further more me or my "deadbeat fiancee" as you call him said we wouldn't give you SOME money back!!!! IM NOT however gonna give you the full asking price back when you didn't even pay half of what I was askiing. SO quit lying your just ticked because you didn't get your way!!!!
Now did you mean that you and your deadbeat fiancee WOULD or WOULD NOT give me money back? Because it sounds like you were trying to say you WOULD when in fact you WOULD NOT by the response I received from your dead beat boyfriend above. If you didn't want to give me a full refund but wanted to give me something back, you sure as hell didn't make that evident. Who's lying now? I have deadbeats EXACT words quoted above.

And also you say i'm not giving back to the community BUT everybody else who has bought from me LOVES what they got. Also not trying to say this in front of everybody but i have one question.... How old r you again? i'm asking because you chose to through in naming calling.... this is a place for grown ups not grown men trying to act like this is kindegarten. GROW UP!!!!
You could have saved a 5 year old boy from a well for all I care. You SCREWED me on this transaction because you failed to follow up on your end of the bargain. How old am I? I'm 27 years old and have a immaculate reputation on a dozen other automotive boards. From reading your butchered up incoherent response to this thread, you must be 12. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS AND REFUND ME MY MONEY!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And what happens when they tell me that the injectors are unable to be fixed? That will be more money invested in parts that should have worked in the first place. I do appreciate your help though Smmay. I understand there is a chance that parts don't work but she specifically said:

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
And what happens when they tell me that the injectors are unable to be fixed? That will be more money invested in parts that should have worked in the first place. I do appreciate your help though Smmay. I understand there is a chance that parts don't work but she specifically said:

well that is bad advertising if it was stated in the Ad

·
Registered
120 Posts
It seems funny how you say that i'm 12 because i don't type proper ALL of the time. I guess you must be in preschool because you can't read!!!! Because the response you said my fiancee wrote you plain as day says that we were not going to give you the full asking price back!!! If you gonna say that we told you that weren't going to give you any money back... you may want to go back and change what my fiancee "wrote you"... because again it doesn't state that we weren't going to give you any money back!!!!!!!!! By the way you are some kind of MAN attacking a girl in front of others to make yourself look better!!!! By the way I don't care what you say, those injectors did work when i got that motor. Now did i say that they "magically" broke, no!! They were out of use for about a month before i made that post, so to our knowledge they did work!!!!! Just SHUT UP talking about me and my fiancee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't slandered your name so quit slandering MINE!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
This is the response I received from you after I asked to send back the injectors to you on my own dime!

"well ok technically you got the injectors free because ask your toyota tech buddy how much coil packs are a piece there about 80 to 90 bucks a piecie and so basically you got three coil packs and 4 injectors free cause one of those coil packs was 90 bucks. no where on the page does it say parts come with warrenty or they are garentee . I AM REALLY SORRY but basically since you got 4 coil packs and there was nothing wrong with them they all work you got the injectors free. i cut you a deal on all those parts and you know it. I AM SORRY THEY DID NOT WORK. But there is no way i can give you a refund not for 25 dollars and then you get the coil packs for 95 dollars. that doesn't make any cents. I don't know why your asking for the injectors back since you got them free. AND BY THE WAY THIS IS NOT GT GIRL this is her fiancee the one that does the selling and takes the parts off nothing towards you or her but you got them coilpack at a DEAL and got the injectors free. SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENCE."

Can you read GT Girl? At what point in this rambling response were you going to give me any refund at all? Sounds to me I am **** out of luck.

Why do you keep bringing up $5? We negotiated a combined discount on both items. Your coilpacks weren't selling for your asking price for 3 months so why the hell would I pay you what you were asking for them? To be fair, I got a $20 discount on $135 worth of products. Which means I got a 17% discount on the parts. SO TECHNICALLY, those injectors are worth $20.75 ($25 x 17% discount = $20.75). Can you keep up with these simple mathematics? It would also take a MINIMUM of $5 to ship those injectors back to you and for that reason I asked for a $25 refund.

I don't discriminate against gender when people sell me broken parts.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
dude **** happends when you buy online. not saying she knew they were broke or even if they are broke. just all i can say is **** happends. get over it. quit putting this everywhere. talk it over with them in a pm or phone call becuase 99.9% of everyone else could give a **** less honestly. its 25 bucks chalk it up. if your worried about it buy some new ones. then see how that feels forking out that money then. just chill and find some more. i have some ill sale for $75. does that make you feel better now hahaha

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Wow, all this drama over $25? Seriously?

To the seller; just refund the guy $25 even if they were working, or worse, he is trying to screw you over by sending you his old broken injectors. It's not worth the headache.

To the buyer; GT injectors are cheap, you can easily find another set for under $100. Again, not worth the headache of arguing over $25. And if you insist on continuing to argue, please keep it to PM. Just make a quick post in the feedback forum letting people know that you were dissatisfied with your deal with GT girl and be done with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.