NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know these look like meatballs but they are a lil different , I was wondering if anyone has ever had these or if you guys might think they would look ok with one of bats overlays? Just curious

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7926194330&category=33716

Also thought about painting the housing to match the car except for the meatball part, kind of make it looke more like a corvette style taillight or something ( only one though not two on each side ofcourse )

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
OMG NO please don't do it. They are Gen 5 APC's. You will not like them. They wil mess up, leak, fog, etc. in a matter of days. Do not waste your money. Get some TYC reds!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by DopeCelicaGT
OMG NO please don't do it. They are Gen 5 APC's. You will not like them. They wil mess up, leak, fog, etc. in a matter of days. Do not waste your money. Get some TYC reds!
he doesn't like the red taillights...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes tis true I hate the TYCs especially the reds , may as well buy stocks... besides i said that in the first post here

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
IScrewedUp said:
Ok I know these look like meatballs but they are a lil different , I was wondering if anyone has ever had these or if you guys might think they would look ok with one of bats overlays? Just curious

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7926194330&category=33716

Also thought about painting the housing to match the car except for the meatball part, kind of make it looke more like a corvette style taillight or something ( only one though not two on each side ofcourse )
IScrewedUp said:
Yes tis true I hate the TYCs especially the reds , may as well buy stocks... besides i said that in the first post here
Where did you say you didn't like TYC's in the first post? By the way TYC's look nothing like stockers. You could always buy some black housing or gunmetal ones instead of red. I have the black housing ones and I love them. I also have a set of GM for sale if you are interested.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might be interested if they are the Gen 2s . Sorry I was mistaken I thought I said it but apparently not . ADD kicking in again...****

How much anyways? The reason I dont like the TYCs is because I wanted to get sort of a masked style overlay , or paint over a certain portion.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
IScrewedUp said:
I might be interested if they are the Gen 2s . Sorry I was mistaken I thought I said it but apparently not . ADD kicking in again...****

How much anyways? The reason I dont like the TYCs is because I wanted to get sort of a masked style overlay , or paint over a certain portion.
Well if you search there was a member here that successfully took his TYC's apart and painted them to match his car. It looked pretty damn good too. However, I tried that once and never could figure out how to get the damn things open.

As far as my GM TYC's that I have for sale go, they are Generation 1's but fit on my car perfectly, once adjusted. In all honesty, I think it depends on the car because my black housing TYC's are the latest generation and the driver's side has a huge gap. I haven't been able to fix this with the second gen.'s but in all honesyt nobody notices the gap except for me so I do not worry about it. The GM ones I have do have a busted bolt socket that I fixed using some epoxy. They fit perfectly now without even being adjusted. The epoxy could even be sanded down and painted the same color as the rest of the back of the light, I guess. However, I don't know why you would bother since nobody will ever see it anyways. I will sell them to you for $35+shipping. PM me if you are interested. I can also provide you with pics if you would like.

Justin

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
if u go on newcelica.com and look at my name u can see those eabayish ones. Mine came stock with my car and i dindt like them at 1st but now are growing on me. I had someone photoshop paint onto them becuase i was htinking the exact same as u. I like them. Thinking of painting all but the side of main red part so leave alittel gray. I dont knwo aobut the cheap ebay ones but my sock ones dont leak or anything.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Originally posted by IScrewedUp

the center cirlce part of the tail lights stick out like a mofo on these so 1. they look like crap 2. bats overlays won't fit cuz the tail lights are flush

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i think that stick reded out tails are the best. They look clean and dosent have that ricer look. Only $10 for red overlayes from Bluebatmobile. But if you want people to know that you have aftermarket tails than get whatever you like...except the APCs..ive heard some bad qualtiy stories on them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts