NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being in the D.C. Metro area we see a lot more dip. plates than anywhere else in the country. Maybe it's from movies but I've come to associate them with some rich old fat foreign bastard driving a huge luxury sedan. Yesterday I spotted (heard) an early Ingetra w/ fart can exhaust with dip. plates. Not what I expected.

It got me thinking about all the "odd" vehicles that I've spotted them on. Late '80s caravan, Hyundai, Toyota 2wd pick-up and this Integra are what I remember off-hand.

Any that have surprised you?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I agree. I am always suprised to see a normal car with dip. plates. I always expect to see Lincolns or Caddies with tinted glass to have them. A couple of weeks ago I spotted a late 80's Corolla with Dips.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
I saw a Yaris (freaky looking Euro Echo) with diplomat plates...and usually diplomats can't drive worth a damn....

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Saw a VW lupo in DC the other day.....kinda sweet....and those thigs are TINY.

Also remember that the family of the DICplomat can get the plates also. So some 16 year old with Diplomatic plates doesnt surprize me :D

I did see a 40+ asian dude in a hooked up Teg coupla months ago.............Kinda funny :d

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Baldhead_J said:
I agree. I am always suprised to see a normal car with dip. plates. I always expect to see Lincolns or Caddies with tinted glass to have them. A couple of weeks ago I spotted a late 80's Corolla with Dips.
Yeah, I have same impression. And I'm surprised when I see different also.

I think it's probably anyone that is even employed by a diplomat can get the plates. That means wait staff and other stuff.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ive raced a celica with an old guy in it at Metro with diplomat tags and a fart exhuast funny as **** I ask him to trade plates with me, they never get pulled over damn it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
not true~~

TRDcelicaGT said:
Ive raced a celica with an old guy in it at Metro with diplomat tags and a fart exhuast funny as **** I ask him to trade plates with me, they never get pulled over damn it.
my dad was a diplomat so i had dip tags but not anymore~~ my dad and my family are back home~~ now i have normal plates but when i had them i got pulled over 4 times..........2 for not stopping on a stop sign and 2 for speeding .... they didn't give me a ticket but they do pull you over~~

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
i want the "frat order of police" plates.. if your daddy is a cop, you can get the plates on your car as well.. and that's when you hardly get pulled and if you do, they just say "hey son, please don't speed, your dad wouldn't like that"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts