NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any one hooked up a direct port system up to there celica gts and what kind of shoot is it handling

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Here is a link to pics of a direct port setup. The intake runners are tapped with no threaded bung installed. Not sure about the shot size.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127977&highlight=Nitrous+setup

Here is another link to pics of an intake manifold with bungs welded onto it. This is what I would recommend if I was to go direct port. Again not sure of the shot size but you could PM either one of these members and find out.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141112&highlight=direct+port+nitrous

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The second Link Is Pics of my manifold that I will be using in my direct port setup . PM me if you have any questions . It is quite a project if you decide to take on doing the bungs your self ,unless looks is not of concern .

sinc:Kenny Heiser

·
Registered
128 Posts
Insider secret- you dont want an individual fogger jetted for less than 20-25hp, as the minute passage/ jet size allows it to clog too easily. A minor debris or gum-up clogging the fuel side on any runner would be verry bad. Usually, direct port is only used on 'bigger' shots- where puddling and distribution is moreof a problem... but if its done, id suggest an inline fuel and nitrous filter to help

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
thanks thats some good advise .So What do you think would be better running 20 shot jets ,or geting the feul and nitrous filter and running 15 shot jets?

Sinc:Kenny Heiser

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Originally posted by RADR1732
Hey... is that my old manifold... cool. Looks awesome. Much better than when I had it.

Richard

It sure is Richard I fixed her up a bit LOL. It's quite a big change everthing is very exact now,we retaped and rewelded everything . Thanks agian and those last pics you emailed me of the widebody were nice as hell .

sinc:Kenny Heiser

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
i dunno about nx.. but i believe with NOS the lowest jet settings for a wet fogger is a 20 shot. so for our cars the lowest you can have a direct port is at 80 shot.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i would do 20/80 if your sold on direct port- plus add the filters.

note, in 12 years, i have had one silinoid clog up/spaz out- but i do routine maintenance on them which is why the # is so low.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
How much does it cost to get the bungs welded? I am in the middle of this project also, and I already got my manifold. Also does anyone know where I can purchase the custom plumbing kit for a decent price?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
QUOTE]Originally posted by SpankinGT-S
How much does it cost to get the bungs welded? I am in the middle of this project also, and I already got my manifold. Also does anyone know where I can purchase the custom plumbing kit for a decent price? [/QUOTE]

bungs are definittly the way to go, since the walls of the tubes are so thin to tap. The cost to get a manifold done like Mine http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141112&highlight=direct+port+nitrous
would cost quite a bit . All work was done by myself and my boss so a price can not be deturmined . But you need to find some one VERY skilled in heleo arc welding to weld the bungs with No inconsistances.If it is not done perfect when the bungs start to be shaped , all inconsistances and voids will come out . You then need to find some one with a lathe and enuff patience to sit down and lathe out the bungs .A seperate Jig will also need to be custom made to set up the manifold in the lathe .The lathe time and messing around is whats really gonna cost ya .

Their is Quite a bit of time involved in what i just mentioned ,so that is Alot of Money right there. Exspeceilly if being charged an hourlly machinist rate $50 - $60 PLUS an HOUR.

Then after that it is still not done The base's of the bungs then need to be shaped in to the manifold runners, and the only way to do that is by hand . This Is COUNTLESS Hours, and the most time consuming. Thats gonna cost a Small fortune if any one else but yourself does it. if you Mess that up( do them uneven) or take too much off the bung , The Bung has to be rewelded and has to be redone .

After that it also has to be powder coated like mine or polished (even more $ LOL)

I hope this helps It is quite a project ,And I would hate to see What a machinist or shop would charge for the completed project,But Trust me Unless you have the hook up or a Freind Its gonna Cost Alot

Sinc:Kenny Heiser

[

1 - 14 of 14 Posts