NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the filter of my 1st gen injen intake and found actual dirt particles inside my intake... my auto mechanic teacher said that if it goes into my injectors im screwed... he also hear a vacuum leak around the throttle body where the cai is connected... and that the gasket might be the problem... anybody had this before?

ps i've had the lean code before (p0107) cleaned my maf and everything ran fine again...

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Bluemica
my auto mechanic teacher said that if it goes into my injectors im screwed...
Good thing the intake isn't connected to the fuel system. :chuckles: Did he tell you how to fill the blinker fluid, too? ;) As for the vacuum leak, the only spot it could happen is the spot on the intake manifold that the old vacuum system hoses were connected to. Those hoses were removed when you installed the Injen intake, and the spot on the intake manifold should've been covered by the supplied vacuum plug. Usually, though, not having that plugged up would cause a vacuum system CEL (not related to P0171).

BTW, Injen is famous for causing P0171 CELs. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a small crack near the filter end of the cai... luckily i checked it on time as dirt was building up and getting in the engine... anybody who has a broken bracket should check the cai for damage caused by the movement of the engine... mines had at least 4 areas where it could have caused further damage... just an FYI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts