NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does my rims get dirty really fast. I have stock GTS rims, and i gave my car a wash the other day. I check out my rims this morning and there's like brake dust all over it. Am i the only one that has this problem? What can i do to stop it from getting brake dust on it so freaking fast.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've heard that if you wax your rims the same way you wax your car, it will keep your wheels cleaner, longer. It prevents that brake dust from sticking. I have yet to try it out, though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i was told by a loacal detailer that you could use pam on your wheels, like the cooking stuff, just put it on like wax and brake dust doesn't stick to it at all, i haven't tried it yet cuz the weathers been so sh*tty

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
i clearcoated my rims with high quality 2 component clear-coat. when i hit them with the powerwasher at the car wash, they look brand new inside and out, even after 60k miles.

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Re: Re: Dirty rims

Mistrimeat said:

Don't know - never seen your rims.

bwahahaha. staying on topic.. i actually have the opposite happen. i'm very surprised on the very little or no amount of brake dust on my gts rims. i do downshift on almost every stop so that could be the majority of it but i have been more than happy with the lack of dust on my wheels.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
well, my old stock 15's got dirty pretty quickly. If i dont clean em after about 2 weeks, it looks like the colors of the rims changed to dirty gun metal.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Mines gets dirty quick too, Im gonna try that Pam stuff!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts