NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bet this is in the wrong thread but i tried...

do you guys know where i could get my DRL's disabled? i know it's prob. easy but i'm a fluke when it comes to self-modding (prob. cause im 16) but i dont have the balls to do it myself.

·
Registered
579 Posts
let me try

to take out the cig lighter area for a manual, you just pull up around the corner of the plastic where the e-brake is, i think it should be the same for auto, just pull up and slowly pull around it so that the clips pop off.

Once in i don't see why that particular wire harness would be different than the one shown in the guide for the manual cars, the electrical should be the same... right?, someone with an auto please verify, ... once there you simply cut the wire and tape off the ends with electrical tape... or if you want the option of turning the feature on and off, just attach a switch...

after re-reading my post it seems quite confusing, but hope i helped a little, or at least put up an incomprehensible enough post for someone to totally do it right =p...

·
Registered
981 Posts
Check out CloneGTS's link on the link...Does it make a difference if the DRL's is for a manual or the automatic. I also have an automatic and i really want to take off DRL's... CloneGts's instructions seems to be pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i did it. GTS-POWER, get a knife and wedge at one of the corners on top or bottom of the panel until it pops out, then pull up on the rest of the panel

once removed, place the panel itself to the side. reach in and find the fuse cartridge labeled in the pics from clonegts' link, and pull it out (i had trouble with this because my hands are so large)

once out, find the yellow wire w/ green stripes on it, and snip it. place the cartridge back where it needs to go and reasemble the dash panel. enjoy!

BTW do i need to cover both ends of the cut wire w/ electrical tape now? is it safe to leave it exposed?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts