NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK well I went to the track last weekend and ran a best time of 14.969. I was hoping some of you guys could help me out here. I know I need to improve my launching but here are my times

2.386 - 60
6.423 - 330
9.730 - 1/8
74.34 - 1/8 mph
12.552 - 1000
14.969 - 1/4
92.60 - 1/4 mph

Now I have an 03 S/c'ed corolla with a header back exhaust, TRD CAI, Unichip, Aqua Mist water/mehtanol injection, Es Motor mounts, Weight Reduction @ 2700 w/ me @ 200lbs. Centerline Rpm's on Toyo proxes 4. I am running about 290 whp why am I running so slow. Even if I improve my launch it still isnt that great. I was looking at the gear ratios though

Corolla Celica Gt Celica Gt-s
3.166 3.166 3.166
1.904 1.904 2.050
1.310 1.392 1.481
.885 1.031 1.166
.725 .815 .916

My rev limiter is also at 6250. I need help. More power doesn't seem to improve my times as much as i want.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
your limiter is 6250? maybe thats why.

·
Registered
340 Posts
:werd:

·
Registered
272 Posts
are you deflating your tires and launching with minimial wheelspin?

one of the most notorious newbie launches is running with tires at full pressure. a mistake i made my first day at the track :chuckles: i got a 15.3 though.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
care to post up dynos of 290whp? some one lied to you.

with that much power you have to run at a track that is over 5000 foot elevation to have such a low trapspeed with nearly 300whp.

at 3000ft elevation smaay was pulling 13.7's @104, with 270ish whp and a curb weight close to you were at with him in the car.

at the same track S/F was pulling mid-low 14's @95+ in a gt-turbo.

something just isn't right.

I'm not saying I dont believe you but there has to be something your missing something that you've forgotten to mention??

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I hope you dont believe I am running 14.9 with 290 whp i meant 190 :) I was in a hurry at work to get that typed out. I am getting wheel spin not off the launch but towards the end of 2nd. It isnt the best track. What do you guys think about the differences in gear ratios. What is the rev limiter on the gt?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where would the ideal shift point be on the Celica for peak power? So do you think I should look into raising the rev limiter and going to the gts tranny or gt tranny? Would it be worth while. Would the gts tranny work as well with a car that revs to 7000 rather than mid 8000? Basically what is going to help my times the most. What is holding me so far back right now besides obviously improving my driving. DR's?, Gear Ratios? Rev limiter?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Blk03Corolla said:
Centerline Rpm's on Toyo proxes 4.
I haven't analysed it all honestly .. but if you meant toyo FZ4 here .. you definitly need some more sticky tires, especially w/ a FWD and such HP numbers. Tires are one of a part you should never make compromises on. Buy some DRs if you can afford, or for better all around street/track performance, some good sticky street tires. yoko ES100 seems to be a good start for pretty cheap .. althought I've never tried those .. yet ..

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Blk03Corolla said:
Where would the ideal shift point be on the Celica for peak power? So do you think I should look into raising the rev limiter and going to the gts tranny or gt tranny? Would it be worth while. Would the gts tranny work as well with a car that revs to 7000 rather than mid 8000? Basically what is going to help my times the most. What is holding me so far back right now besides obviously improving my driving. DR's?, Gear Ratios? Rev limiter?
have to see your torque curve to answer that.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
whats wrong is... you have FWD with what i would almost call decent torquel, fwd + torque = crappy et's , cool traps

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
The open diff. doesn't help either...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
you jost chose to modify a car that wont put out much w/out serious alteration

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
what he needs is slicks, an LSD and a new tranny for after this one breaks ;)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
what he needs is slicks, an LSD and a new tranny for after this one breaks ;)
Its a 1zz not a 2zz.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
I know
well, the 2zz tranny is what will break. We all know this.

it was a joke. Laugh dammit.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
well, the 2zz tranny is what will break. We all know this.

it was a joke. Laugh dammit.
I was laughing - you just couldn't hear it is all.

Okay thats a lie. I didn't laugh.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts