NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished painting my center pieces with gunmetal paint. Any comments? :)
I'll have pics of it installed once it dries :D

Graphite paint compared to stock color

I used the dupicolor wheel paint and turned out great

Paint color code

Clear coat code

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by GT-S Celica
did you sand it down before the first spray?
i used 400 grit and wet sanded everything , let it dry for about 5mins using a hair dryer, and inbetween coats i used 2000 grit sand paper

·
Registered
315 Posts
does it leave a bad smell because i wanna paint mine but i don't wanna have that spray paint smell inside my car. wich one would i use??

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by celicagt836
does it leave a bad smell because i wanna paint mine but i don't wanna have that spray paint smell inside my car. wich one would i use??
well any kind of paint is gonna leave that paint smell, it'll go away after awhile. i remember after i got my car back from the body shop it smelled like paint for a couple days before it went away

·
Registered
315 Posts
well yeah but you are talking about after ur car was finished paited (outside) for how long is the inside gonna smell? since its the inside thats painted not the outside.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The smell is from the paint curing and the chemicals "burning" off. It will go away after a few days after paint FULLY cures, not just dries to a touch.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
hmm. do the little graphics on the a/c panel always show through when you paint? that's the only thing that makes me aprehensive (sp.?) about painting mine. i want to be able to see them afterwards

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
nice job.... did u smoke all those cigs during the process?? :chuckles:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Originally posted by jway83
hmm. do the little graphics on the a/c panel always show through when you paint? that's the only thing that makes me aprehensive (sp.?) about painting mine. i want to be able to see them afterwards
the a/c panel isnt painted yet. thats a comparison pic to the one he had painted. and yes if it was painted, the a/c labels would be covered, but u can always buy bOx's a/c decals that he sells.

·
Registered
315 Posts
ok i wanna buy the a/c decals can some one tell me where to get them from or some ones e-mail?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by BiZzyCeLiGT
nice job.... did u smoke all those cigs during the process?? :chuckles:
:chuckles: na only smoked 3-4 just didn't empty out my ash tray

Originally posted by celicagt836
ok i wanna buy the a/c decals can some one tell me where to get them from or some ones e-mail?
yeah , b0x can get them for ya. i'm waiting on mine so i can use the decals to mask off the a/c graphics before i paint them

·
Registered
398 Posts
looking good andrew! that came out REALLY nice! i'd love to check it out in person. Btw, sorry i didnt get back to u yesterday. I wasnt home. You should have called me if you wanted the decals!

anyways, i still have some for ya - just lemme know. And for anyone else who is interested in AC decals please checkout my thread

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145891

Here is an example of my stickers on WRENCHHEAD'S console :) Black stickers on his silver console!

·
Registered
315 Posts
ok what is the purpose of sanding? and for how long do i sand?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts