NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There really isn't any good spring install guides in the installs forums. I am hoping to put my skunk2 springs on over my 4day weekend. I bought them used on here from another guy and all I see is springs and no isolators or anything. Am I missing anything here? I feel pretty comfortable putting them on but it's a first for me on a newer celica so I am curious..where can I find some good install guides with pics? If they are skunk 2 specific that would rock. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
your swapping your springs in there but reusing everything else.skunk2 is a big drop so you need to cut your bump stop too.plus many people will tell you to upgrade your shocks/struts.hardest part will be removing bolts. air tools come in handy and a spring compressor helps too. install has a pic giude of suspension and a couple of threads with pics from lowering springs, but i dont think skunk2 specific.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate the help so far. How much should I cut the bumpstop? I am holding off on replacing everything else right now because I am stationed in Alaska for two more years and don't want my stuff ruined by the sand and things that gets left over from winter. My plan is for it to be a garage queen during the long winter months.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
dude i swopped 3 different sets of springs on my celi in one session, if you have the propper equipment. BTW skunk2 drop FTW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.