NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if this would work...

Well since the stock celica Intake manifold is plastic you cant really modify it... So i noticed that the Prizm/Rolla 1zz have a Metal intake manifold...

So i was thinking about cutting the stock prizm/rolla manifold and leave the intake flange with about 2 inchs of the runners....Cost 30.00 dollars junk yard.

Then i was planning on buying one of this Honda manifolds that they sell all the time on ebay for about 200 shipped, cutting it
just so that the tank is left...then welding in the prizm/rolla 2 inch runners to it...

Couple questions:

You think this would benfit the car or hurt it?

Btw what is the stock specs of the celica 1zz-fe throttle body most of the honda ITB are 66mm..and are all throttle body bolt parterns the same...

example of the honda itb:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...tegoryZ36474QQihZ008QQitemZ180000896393QQrdZ1

example of prizm/rolla tb:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/shopme/ebay/engine4.jpg

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Theres a LOT more to intake design than just a large tank. For a turbo application you might be able to make that fly simply because bigger is generally king with turbos, but for NA you would loose power.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well from what i got on reading up...

2" runners and 3" tank are the best match for a turbo application...

But are honda throttle body bolt parterns the same as the toyota ones?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
emotart said:
Well from what i got on reading up...

2" runners and 3" tank are the best match for a turbo application...

But are honda throttle body bolt parterns the same as the toyota ones?
Not necessarily - runner length is calculated based on peak power RPM - there is no universal rule. Also 3" tanks are not necessarily the best - larger plenums have their ups and downs.

No idea on Honda throttle bodies, but the mustang ones are pretty cheap and they are what most a lot of the aftermarket manifolds use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts