221 - 240 of 1492 Posts

·
VTEC just kicked in yo!!!
3,676 Posts
Perla's Auto Repair
5016 46th Ave
Hyattsville, MD 20781
301-779-5666

Tell them you're a friend of the guy with the yellow Celica.

I live in White Oak, you're like 8-10 mins away from me haha, real close!

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Alright guys, I figure I might as well share this. For those of you who do not know, I totaled the celica last week. Im perfectly fine tho. Sad thing is I wasn't driving fast like I do sometimes. (no one really believes that). I was taking a unique on ramp, it has a slight curve. Anyways, I was driving in the lower part on the left, not in the actual lane, just like I normally do going about 45-50mph (Ive taken this ramp at about 90 before). It had been raining for most the day, so I coulda hit a wet spot, but I think it was some type of oil, b/c oil rises to the surface when it rains. So my rear end slid out from under me a little and felt like the car raised up, so I turned the wheel to the left a little more, causing me to scrape up against the guard rail on the left. ( I had just raised my car up about 2 inches right before I left too). Then I turned the wheel to the right, and I over corrected and sent my car sliding towards the guard rail on the right. Slid right into the beginning of a guardrail and messed up fender rear quarter panel, and my door real bad. Window smashed out and cut my steering wheel a bit. I got lucky and didnt have a scratch. Rear wheel got bent in at the top as well, thats why it totaled.

I was really pissed b/c this past weekend I was supposed to pick up some parts, and trade some parts for other members, and I feel like I let them down. Nothing I can do tho, **** happens. and it sucks my celica days had to end like this.
Aww man Frank, I'm so sorry to hear about this. When I read this it made me sad man because you had one of my favorite celicas. I'm happy that you're okay though because that's the most important part right there!

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
New Celica owner from DMV, sup guys! :D
Hey welcome man! Saw your thread in the newbie section and your celica looks great so far! For now I would definitely focus on the other parts later and fix it up so that it's in good condition for you to drive! I usually drove around Rockville Pike (and every other place in MD too haha) so hopefully when I come back we can meet up as well! We have a lot of great people in the MD/VA/DC area! If you happen to see a silver celica with bronze 18" 5zigen rims and a small black wing on it, that's mine:gap: My father or mother are driving it at the moment.

·
Registered
860 Posts
OK Brandon you've been away too long, I think you need to come home for winter break so we can have a winter meet. Hot chocolate and snowball fights...doesn't that just sound like fun

·
Pron Distributor
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Since we're talking about seeing each others' cars, when's the next meet up?
well brandon(ddragon) usually takes care of organizing all the meets, but he up and left to china! so we're kinda in the balance for now, till he gets back

but im up for a meet when i get back to MD for thanksgiving or christmas break

·
3,676 Posts
I'd def be down for a meet up during either Thanksgiving or Christmas break, just let me know! Btw I've seen a black TRD celica around my way a few times, I don't think the owner is aware of this site. If I see the car again I'll leave a note.

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
well brandon(ddragon) usually takes care of organizing all the meets, but he up and left to china! so we're kinda in the balance for now, till he gets back

but im up for a meet when i get back to MD for thanksgiving or christmas break
:chuckles: Now you guys gotta get to it!:gap: When I come back I'll put something together so no worries!:D

Frank and Mike did a decent job organizing the last meet. I just hope frank will still hang around even though the celica is out of commision
:werd: I'm gonna miss his celica big time man.

When I saw the pictures from ya'lls meet, I wished I was still back home so I could see you guys again!:wtc: I hope you will still stay with us Frank!:love:

Oh yeah one more thing:

DC Metro Area (41 Viewing)
DC, Maryland and Virginia
:AF:

·
00gts>03gts>04wrx>02wrx
3,741 Posts
Im still gonna be around, dont worry guys. Ill come to the meets when I can. I bought my dads explorer for the time being. I would be stupid not to b/c he sold it to me for dirt cheap. Im gonna keep it for a year or so, and then get my afforable dream car finally, a 350z. :gap: and no, I dont want a 370, Ive wanted a 350 for a while and hopefully by this time next year, Ill own one.

I hate to do this, but heres a few pics of her... :wtc:

I sold the car to a guy at the body shop, so im gonna be stopping by there to check on its progress. Heres what the guy has so far....

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Aw jeez Frank I'm sorry about this happening to you man. I just can't believe it happened:sadpace:. I definitely feel your pain man. How much did the guy buy it for from you? You sold him the molly rear and other parts too?

But yeah, you and I have the same taste in cars because I was thinking of going the 350Z direction too hahaa! I wanted either a yellow or black one!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I agree, I want a blue 350...or a blue g37...either one will do!

And....tell the guy that whenever he's ready to upgrade rims I'll buy those.

·
is NSFW
6,093 Posts

·
00gts>03gts>04wrx>02wrx
3,741 Posts
Aw jeez Frank I'm sorry about this happening to you man. I just can't believe it happened:sadpace:. I definitely feel your pain man. How much did the guy buy it for from you? You sold him the molly rear and other parts too?
Sold the car for $3000 plus I got money from insurance. Front and rear lip went to Mike, he said he might sell something to you when you get back lol.

I agree, I want a blue 350...or a blue g37...either one will do!

And....tell the guy that whenever he's ready to upgrade rims I'll buy those.
Ill let him know. lol

Yoh man i was wondering where my door and fender went!
JP but im sad man.
I wont be when your Z looks like this tho.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1227/5160787210_926cae54c8_o.jpg
http://vimeo.com/8754583
Cool thing about Z's is you just need wheels and coils its dope.

haha yeh, you might wanna check on your parts, I gave hime your address. lol

Thats how I feel about them too, the body doesnt need a lip kit, maybe a front lip, but it rounds off well at the bottom. The stock sides kinda remind me of the molly sides for the celica. :love:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Idk I really hate the way the 370 looks, 350 was sooo much better.

It's like those girls who look perfect, then get cosmetic surgery and just don't look quite right afterwards. :shrugs:

·
3,676 Posts
Just saw an identical Celica parked in my apt. complex, but in black. I've seen it around here a few times, but the tags are from PA. I left a note on his car with the website; it had an alarm so I had to be careful ^_^ lol

221 - 240 of 1492 Posts