NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally found some kick ass rims! (used 17"s, but they looked as new and they came with practically new tires).

So after check check and double checking i was 100% convinced that my bolt pattern is 5/100. But after driving well over 200km to pick them up it turns out they dont fit! :<

To make things worse, upon measuring my bolt pattern appears to 5/98. I've not yet seen a single site or forum where they tell you a celica's pattern is 5/98... Everywhere they suggest 5/100

So my question being: Has anyone ever heard of a celica having a 5/98 pattern? And if not how the hell did i get to be so unlucky? :(

Cheers,

Redeem

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
What do you mean by don't fit? The wheels don't go in or you can't tighten it? Bear in mind the majority of aftermarket wheels require a different type of lug nuts so the stock ones won't fit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By "don't fit" i mean i couldn't place the wheel on the mounting points. The holes didnt match with the pins... We measured the rims (with a simple ruler i may add) and they were 5x100. Then we measured my stock rims and they appeared to be smaller, aka 5x98.

I'm gonna stop by the local Toyota Dealer today and see if they know anything, but for now im totally clueless :(

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Your Celica is 5x100 no doubt about it. Dont go and embarrass yourself at the dealer. The wheels are not 5x100 or have a different center bore.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I'm gonna stop by the local Toyota Dealer today and see if they know anything, but for now im totally clueless
Don't bother, you don't have a 5x98 bolt pattern. Your stock wheels are 5x100. The wheels you are trying to buy are not 5x100. Do you mind if I ask what car those wheels were on? BTW, you can't measure bolt pattern with a ruler, you need a compass.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies people! :)

The wheels had previously been on a VW Golf 4 which supposedly has the same pattern. No idea as to what could be the case. I'm not a wheel pro so :p

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
The ruler will only work on wheels with even amount of bolts (4,6,8) because you can measure between two bolts that are directly across each other. On a 5-bolt wheel you need to measure the distance from the center of the bore to the center of the stud and multiply that by two.

The Golf IV is supposed to be 5X100 indeed so that's a bit strange, unless the VW owner did a brake/hub swap.

·
Bye 2zz, hello 3sgte
1,864 Posts
The wheels could have a different bolt pattern. maybe it's 5x120 The bolt pattern on the wheels doesn't look like its 5x100.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
^ He'd have to drive $120 miles again to get to where the wheels are. :chuckles:

Ik zou geen 635 Euro betalen voor die velgen. De 225/45 banden zijn ook een beetje groot voor de Celica en doen de 17" lijken op 16".

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
You can measure 5 lug wheels. Measure from center of stud, skip one stud and measure to the outside of the other stud.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.