NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
scotty01 said:
Will either one of these fit on the Celica?
You need 5x100.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
for sure 5x114.3 won't work

stock offset is 39mm...generally, you don't want to stray too far from that (maybe +/-5mm)...higher offset moves pulls the centerline of the wheel toward the car...lower offset pushes the centerline of the wheel out.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
baNanA_ryCe said:
wait..from searching....... .25 in and .25 out........then i have .9 in offset which is really .65 in...so it'll be 1/2" in compared to stock correct?
No. 7.5 is 1.0 bigger than oem 6.5, so you have 0.5 in and 0.5 out. 9mm is 0.35". By my calcs, that's about 0.15" out on the outside and 0.85" in on the inside.

I personally wouldn't want an offset that far off, regardless of how it might look...you're doing bad things to the geometry of your suspension.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
celicagt I believe had rims that did not fit our offset and they shop made them fit and I cannot tell the difference.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
NoCones said:

No. 7.5 is 1.0 bigger than oem 6.5, so you have 0.5 in and 0.5 out. 9mm is 0.35". By my calcs, that's about 0.15" out on the outside and 0.85" in on the inside.

I personally wouldn't want an offset that far off, regardless of how it might look...you're doing bad things to the geometry of your suspension.
Hmm...because RedNOSCeli has this setup...hmm...i wonder....thanks for the info!

edit: he says its just fine.....you start to rub at 7/8ths of a turn.....so i'll just get these and whatever.....

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
ok after vast researching i came across a calculator.....and it said:

going from 6.5" with +39 offset to width of 7.5" with +48 offset, The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 22mm LESS & the outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 4mm

Then if i get wheel spacers of 20mm, then i'd get 2mm LESS from strut and 24mm extra EXTENDED from stock wheel. That's 2.5ish cm from stock wheel, which would look BADASS. It would flow VERY nicely. Only thing is that the spacers are $100/pair so thats a lot.

My questions are: Since my rear tires don't turn...do i need to put spacers in the back too? I would do it anyways, unless you guys tell me other wise. And would the spacers correct the Offset correctly?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
baNanA_ryCe said:
Hmm...because RedNOSCeli has this setup...hmm...i wonder....thanks for the info!

edit: he says its just fine.....you start to rub at 7/8ths of a turn.....so i'll just get these and whatever.....
I still say it doesn't do great things for your suspension geometry...Toyota didn't choose 39mm offset wheels on a whim...search the internet for "zero scrub radius" if you want to learn more.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
baNanA_ryCe said:
ok after vast researching i came across a calculator.....and it said:

going from 6.5" with +39 offset to width of 7.5" with +48 offset, The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 22mm LESS & the outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 4mm

Then if i get wheel spacers of 20mm, then i'd get 2mm LESS from strut and 24mm extra EXTENDED from stock wheel. That's 2.5ish cm from stock wheel, which would look BADASS. It would flow VERY nicely. Only thing is that the spacers are $100/pair so thats a lot.

My questions are: Since my rear tires don't turn...do i need to put spacers in the back too? I would do it anyways, unless you guys tell me other wise. And would the spacers correct the Offset correctly?
20mm spacers are huge...you'll definitely need new studs if you want to use them

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
if you get H&R spacers for the celica, i believe they come with everything you need, including new studs.

i'd suggest getting spacers for both the front and back. technically, you wont need them for the back, but it will look pretty ghetto with the front sitting flush with the fender well, and the rear tucked way in.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i've 18x7 and +35 offset (o.z. superleggara)... everything was perfect... i've the H&R spring... when i do U turn... it rubs a little.. and i've 5zigen S 08 before... 17x7 +42 off set... the rims (especially the rear one) goes in WAY too much... doesn't look good at all...

i'll say 18x7.5 +35-40 offset will be perfect..

my frd has a 18x8 +35 (o.z. superleggara) as well... it looks so perfect... but the only thing is... it rubs a lot...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts