NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just wanted to let you guys/gals in on a mod you can do for real cheap but you have to do it urself..nothing against rjautoworks cause i had all there mods on my first celica but after i wrecked i got another and tried out this mod thinking it wouldnt work but it did and good too.....ok so here it is ......

if you want to have your gauges light up a different color instead of buying led's for $40 and up, go to the mall or internet and get one of those LED belt buckles that scrolls words across it (they come in alot of colors) and take it apart and un-soilder them and replace your stock orange LED's . The belt buckles over here only cost $25 so you save some cash money and best part is that those belts have like 50 or 60 LED's on them, probobly more so if you know anyone else who wants it done you could hook them up or all go in on it. And it works GREAT!!! i am speaking from experience because i previously owned the RJ's. but you will still need to change your plastic gauge face if you dont it looks orange durin the day and a dark purple at night but the gas gauge stays looking blue day or night.I did the LED's myself but for the plastic gauge face i would highly sugguest getting the rjautoworks face.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill take a pic right now on my cell phone so resolution might be poor but i dont have a digital camera so it will have to do.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
celica209 said:
hey i just wanted to let you guys/gals in on a mod you can do for real cheap but you have to do it urself..nothing against rjautoworks cause i had all there mods on my first celica but after i wrecked i got another and tried out this mod thinking it wouldnt work but it did and good too.....ok so here it is ......

if you want to have your gauges light up a different color instead of buying led's for $40 and up, go to the mall or internet and get one of those LED belt buckles that scrolls words across it (they come in alot of colors) and take it apart and un-soilder them and replace your stock orange LED's . The belt buckles over here only cost $25 so you save some cash money and best part is that those belts have like 50 or 60 LED's on them, probobly more so if you know anyone else who wants it done you could hook them up or all go in on it. And it works GREAT!!! i am speaking from experience because i previously owned the RJ's. but you will still need to change your plastic gauge face if you dont it looks orange durin the day and a dark purple at night but the gas gauge stays looking blue day or night.I did the LED's myself but for the plastic gauge face i would highly sugguest getting the rjautoworks face.
Jeebus. All you had to say was "you can use those LED belt buckles as a cheap, fast, and easy way to obtain LEDs."

:faint:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
so this would be for the lcd only. u can get the entire kit pretty cheap w/o having to mess with that. and if ur just doing the lcd u need even less leds. look on ledmod.com if u need pieces

1 - 10 of 10 Posts