NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Ah so FWD just uses a belt and not a shaft?

Didn't know, lol just curious.
What?? You serious? Smaay just told you it's FWD so if you never bothered to look the axles connect directly to the transmission. Therefore no drive shaft.

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
What?? You serious? Smaay just told you it's FWD so if you never bothered to look the axles connect directly to the transmission. Therefore no drive shaft.
And OP bought youngxlos car -_____- smh

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Big deal everyone has to learn somewhere. If you have negative comments keep them to yourself. NC.org is definitely the wrong forum to ask questions.
No it's not that, it's the fact that after you got the answer from Smaay (who is usually much more blunt but has held is tongue lately) you didn't bother to read or google anything. It's obvious in your next question about the belt.

I honestly thought you were trolling after that 2nd question. Can I give you some advice if you are serious about learning? Go read the Toyota Repair Manual in the repair and maintenance section. When I blew my motor I stopped asking so many questions and just read and learned and when I finally found a new engine and didn't have the funds to pay to put it in that manual gave me everything I needed to do the job myself. When I did have a real question people like Smaay were good enough to help me via PM.

I really hope you decide to get that car to where it really should be. It never got close to it's true potential. I can say this cause I was there when the head was being put on by Jesse and have ridden in it a few times. Anyway good luck.

·
:B
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No it's not that, it's the fact that after you got the answer from Smaay (who is usually much more blunt but has held is tongue lately) you didn't bother to read or google anything. It's obvious in your next question about the belt.

I honestly thought you were trolling after that 2nd question. Can I give you some advice if you are serious about learning? Go read the Toyota Repair Manual in the repair and maintenance section. When I blew my motor I stopped asking so many questions and just read and learned and when I finally found a new engine and didn't have the funds to pay to put it in that manual gave me everything I needed to do the job myself. When I did have a real question people like Smaay were good enough to help me via PM.

I really hope you decide to get that car to where it really should be. It never got close to it's true potential. I can say this cause I was there when the head was being put on by Jesse and have ridden in it a few times. Anyway good luck.
Thats great that you took initiative. I also think carlos did a pretty good job at getting the car to its potential. Don't expect anything from my part in terms of amazing build, cause this is my only car and I am a poor college guy with only 1 car, I do what I can to mod it. I bought it because I felt it was a pretty awesome deal, maybe sometime in the off future I will decide to build more for power, but not now.

As for me responding to smaay, I dont really know the mechanics of a front wheel drive, so excuse my ignorance. I also don't feel like reading that bible of a repair manual, So i ask here, if i get a solution awesome, if I don't then oh well.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
I am a poor college guy
Until this changes you need never ask about custom carbon fiber anything. Good quality structural carbon fiber costs big time.

Why are you asking about them anyhow? Did you break an axle? Is there a specific problem you are trying to address?

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
Big deal everyone has to learn somewhere. If you have negative comments keep them to yourself. NC.org is definitely the wrong forum to ask questions.
This is a forum. I can openly say anything that isn't out of the ordinary.

So you even bother to google/search before you post another thread or say half the things your say asking for advise/help? I suggest you do. I do,especially when I don't want to look like an idiot and unknowledgeable

There's not much to contribute in this thread. Its a FWD car driven by axles. The cost of a CF shaft for a RWD,4wd or AWD vehicle is too high for a poor college student. Its really not worth it,esp on a street car. Pretty unnecessary unless you're truly trying to lose as much weight as you can or better rotational mass.

·
:B
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Until this changes you need never ask about custom carbon fiber anything. Good quality structural carbon fiber costs big time.

Why are you asking about them anyhow? Did you break an axle? Is there a specific problem you are trying to address?

Nope nothings really broken, just I read articles in magazines and i read about people doing this nod and was curious if it was commercially available for ours.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts