NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may come across as a stupid question, but do you have to take the front bumper off when you change or clean the filter of a CAI. I know that you have to cut and remove the bumper during installation.Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
656 Posts
No you don't have to, when I clean mine i just unbolt a few bolts from the underbody plastics and then take the filter off and pull it out inbetween the plastics and the bumper.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You will have to turn your wheels all the way to one side to make room for your hands to fit. Pop off a few of those plastic clips from the wheel well plastics, and pull the wheel well plastic out of the way so you can reach the filter. The only thing I had to cut was the long rubber boot on the CAI filter itself. It was so damn long that I could not remove the filter without trimming a few inches off of the end of it (this took a while with a razor, and was annoying as hell). Anyone else have to do this?

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
check the install section

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Bumper isn't necessary to remove even when installing the CAI completly. Well, when you know what your doing. Cutting the plastics would be the trickiest part if you don't remove the bumper.

You don't even need to jack the car (unless, your dropped more than TRD) or to turn the steering althought it gives you some extra room ..

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Red01GTS said:
I'm surprised nobody has said to pull the motor yet. :gap:
What do you think I did?? :gap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts