NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking on getting a kit from mwr but I need to know if anyone has any of their kits I need to know how well do they work compared to turbo-kits.com

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
They have the kits for sale on their website, but the price is outrageous. 6.5k or something like that. Your better off getting something from turbokits.com or Smaay's little boy kit.

I haven't heard of anyone on here that has one of their kits. everyone seems to go for turbokits.com's or Smaay's, depending on what your looking to get out of it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
We've had kits available for at least a year now. They're listed on the site. Under $5k isn't cheap but considering every nut and bolt, a PFC, injectors, etc are included it's not bad. We have lots of customers piece their own stuff together and it usually ends up being very expensive to make the hodgepodge of parts and inadequate engine management work at all. We've had very positive feedback on these kits. Install is easy, no welding. You do have to cut the front bumper support a bit because we refused to compromise and use a small intercooler like I've seen in other kits. We use the same 3" thick unit that was on our 550whp red GTS.

http://store.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=975

We'll be adding the GT30R and GT35R as options soon though they'll cost a bit more because of the external wastegate, fancier manifold, etc. We'll also offer the larger turbo / manifold / downpipe kit as an upgrade for people who already have the smaller kit or for those who wish to construct their own system around it (though see above)

·
Banned
4,052 Posts
We've had kits available for at least a year now. They're listed on the site. Under $5k isn't cheap but considering every nut and bolt, a PFC, injectors, etc are included it's not bad. We have lots of customers piece their own stuff together and it usually ends up being very expensive to make the hodgepodge of parts and inadequate engine management work at all. We've had very positive feedback on these kits. Install is easy, no welding. You do have to cut the front bumper support a bit because we refused to compromise and use a small intercooler like I've seen in other kits. We use the same 3" thick unit that was on our 550whp red GTS.

We'll be adding the GT30R and GT35R as options soon though they'll cost a bit more because of the external wastegate, fancier manifold, etc. We'll also offer the larger turbo / manifold / downpipe kit as an upgrade for people who already have the smaller kit or for those who wish to construct their own system around it (though see above)
Interesting

·
Banned
4,052 Posts
You guys are claiming 267whp on a stock internal 1zz spyder, isn't that asking for trouble on the 1zz rods?
i think the thing is...nobody acutually check off who broke rods of a 1zz...nothing has been confirm....from what i know ...but alot are saying around 250-260 is the max...:shrugs:

·
Registered
895 Posts

On the GT28RS kit:
What would be the price minus the PFC?
Minus PFC and injectors?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
i think the thing is...nobody acutually check off who broke rods of a 1zz...nothing has been confirm....from what i know ...but alot are saying around 250-260 is the max...:shrugs:
Not true. All 1zz's around here that exceeded 24X ish whp have broken their rods. Im positive some other members here have shared their experience on the subject, so the 240-250hp mark is not "invented" or "unconfirmed". Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I've personally run a 1ZZ over 300whp on stock rods with no failure. We've built countless customer cars with stock 1ZZs at 250-270whp. 250 is a safe number as long as you have a good tune. I would imagine that a bad tune could break the stock rods at 200whp with some detonation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.