NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many horns does the celica have?
i'm planning on upgrading the wimpy oem horns to FIAMM El Grande twin horns. but first i need to know how many horns there are. i can only see one under the headlight on the drivers side. i can remove it without removing the bumper cover. if there is a second horn hidden somewhere i will have to remove the bumper.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Just one.. why the **** do you wanna put different horns in? talk about rice

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Many cars made around 2000 and up have two horns. I'm not sure if all Celica's have two horns. But I know for sure my car came with it like that I believe one is for the low tone and the high tone. When you tap the wheel soft the first horn has the low beep when you hold depress the horn steady both make that obnoxious honking sound. Change it if you want my brother changes his Sti horns with Klaxions they sound great and not obnoxious. My alarm is also connected to the low tone when I arm it it's just nasty to hear. Oh well, I'll go around switching it when I have the time.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,636 Posts
(2) - (1) High, (1) Low... & you can vary the pitch slightly with an adjustment screw on the rear of each horn.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2way said:
(2) - (1) High, (1) Low... & you can vary the pitch slightly with an adjustment screw on the rear of each horn.
i see one horn under the driver side headlight but where is the other one?

·
15,636 Posts
Interesting... I know the electrical print calls out for (2)... but they might be incorporated within a single housing... as the service manual only calls out (1) location... but, I also seem to recall seeing another horn mounted higher somewhere.. in a pic, or something? In any event, you can disconnect the one you know of... & hit the horn... if there is another one... it'll be easy to find;)

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
One is next to drivers fog light one is by headlight.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
LightningRod said:
You should install some train air horns.
I got the big rig horns, it close enough :headbang:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Here you go, I took my car apart to get pics of them. The first is under headlight and the second is next to radiator.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SickCelica696 said:
Here you go, I took my car apart to get pics of them. The first is under headlight and the second is next to radiator.

thanks buddy! i really appreciate it!

·
15,636 Posts
And you can actually see the adjustment screw in this pic:

TNX SickCelica696

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Good pics SickCelica696, yeah those 18 wheeler horns will rock your world. Super illegal but they sure get the job done. I can see the look on peoples face already lol.

Another alternative ever thought of a back up horn? Like the La Cocorarcha song when your back up.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
SLVR Stealth said:
Another alternative ever thought of a back up horn? Like the La Cocorarcha song when your back up.
my friends' 92 Jetta played that every time you opened the doors. It was awesome..lol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts