NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

Ok well I am very self-concious about my car and the last thing I want to do is make my car look like rice, or add ricey accents, but the other day I picked up a mesh kit and I installed it in the front bumper and in the nose. I can't decide whether it looks to ricey to me or not! I think I like it better than it was before, it adds a custom look, and one way or another I was dying to get rid of that front emblem which to me makes the nose look longer... opening that front nose give it a more dynamic look. But still something in the back of my mind bugs me.

Anyways I'm thinking maybe the thing that bugs me is that it contrasts with the body color so much... although sometimes that's a good thing, maybe I should paint the mesh gunmetal or black so that it doesn't stand out so much. Also having mesh in the bottom is nice because I was able to relocate my license plate there.

I know to each his own, but your opinions, thoughts?

(sorry my camera phone doesnt have the best quality

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F35-JSF said:
I think it would look better if it was dark and you meshed the lower grill as well.
Yeah I did mesh the lower grille but my phone camera doesn't pick it up too well.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm going to coat them dark and reinstall to see how it looks. I really think it's the contrast that's bugging me.. just stands out too much. :)

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Sorry :chuckles: I couldn't tell from the pic. Definately the contrast. Use a better camera next time :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
I have an aluminum grill and it seems fine to me. I thought about painting it but i like how it stands out a lil but not too much.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Paint it black & then do your best to stay away from liscence plate neon, LED washers, and those blinking wannabe alarm LED's and you should be fine as far as avoiding rice.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
robare99 said:
Paint it black & then do your best to stay away from liscence plate neon, LED washers, and those blinking wannabe alarm LED's and you should be fine as far as avoiding rice.
That shouldn't be hard. Like I said, I'm REALLY self concious.. if I have any doubt it my mind, it's coming off my car :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
god.. i really want a kaminari front bumper now

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you guys think its a bad idea to have my license plate there? not that the celica has heating problems but my dad has been saying that it's probably restricting too much airflow (even though I don't think my dad knows what hes talking about) I mean im sure it is a little but my car doesnt run hot or anything. i see a lot of people put them down there... especially when you get a nice new front bumper like a kaminari you dont wanna drill holes...

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Originally posted by KNanthrup
god.. i really want a kaminari front bumper now
He posted pics of the stock bumper :wtf: unless you were referring to oONoGoAutoOo's sig.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts