NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install led with dome light on, off and door. Read several topic about dome wire but still clueless. In the dome assembly there are 3, red/white, black and white black on the switch pin. I believe the red/white is the ground to the ecu. The black is just ground? And I'm not sure what the white black wire is for. On the bulb end there is a red wire connecting to blue/white and I think that the live constant wire.

So I tested with a light prob I got light off the black wire ??? I turn on the light on the dome assembly and got light from the probe on red and black wire?? Then my light probe blew a fuse...

What I want to know is what is the black/white wire do? Planing to put led using a relay and the switch dome as control.

Relay would be 30 to fuse to battery

86 to red (blue/white) wire from the dome bulb end

87 to led postive end

85 is the problem I'm having I need the dome switch ground. But not sure if the black wire is the ground or the black/white wire is?

(Top pic)Right side the wire connect to the dome switch for on, off, and door.

(Bot pic) 3 wire left side is the dome wire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
  • Ok I think I figured it out the dome assembly on the switch has 3 pin wire the red/white ( top pin above pic, door opens) black is switch to turn the lights on, off, door. White/black is live always on meaning it to turn the switch on. And the blue/white is constant 12v connecting to the light bulb. Here is a daigram with a relay hope this help other to do it safely.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,310 Posts
Red/White is "Door" from the Body ECU. Light Blue/White is constant 12V. To have it come on with the switch, you would have to wire to the black wire on the assembly. You can jumper 86 to 30. I advise adding a protection diode across the coil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red/White is "Door" from the Body ECU. Light Blue/White is constant 12V. To have it come on with the switch, you would have to wire to the black wire on the assembly. You can jumper 86 to 30. I advise adding a protection diode across the coil.
Jump 86 to 30? Or the way it is is fine? Doide put one end 86 and 85 right? The negtive side on diode at 85 postive side at 86? Thank you for replay. I check out so much post about this I dont want to screw the ecu up. What kind of diode there are Many kind out there?

·
15,310 Posts
Doesn't appear to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn't appear to.
OK got it set up everything but 1 question
30 and 86 v12
87 led acc
85 dome negative trigger
Diode ? Do I have to connect to the relay on the pins or can I do it 2 inch away with slicing and taping. Its a negative trigger so diode would be
86 |<-- 85 ?

·
15,310 Posts
So long as it is across the coil circuit. At the coil is usually just convenient.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ty for replay ill post my set up pic when done. Putting fuse box and relay behind the back seats scares me lol. 4 gauge 100 amp In line fuse to fuse box hope that enough.

·
15,310 Posts
Uh, 100A? WTH are you powering?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 100 amp inline is to the fuse box in my trunk. Just in case I want to add more gadget like heated and cool seats, I can use the fuse box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
K got it working took for ever to fiberglass the fuse box cover. Also added extra relay too add gadget in future thanks for the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts