NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Injen CAI will cost you more money to fix. Direct from factory the oil sprays onto my maf sensor ruining it instantly. Called Injen with documentation from a dealership that found the problem since i had never herd of it. They boned me and won't help me and deny its their problem. Now I have to find a new intake worth buying. I'm sure this doesn't happen all the time but it did this time.

Any questions on this, feel free to pm me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,732 Posts
Funny title!!! Like it is so known now, you should have bought a TPR. Injen is known to be poor. I wonder why I still run with it :evil:

Back to your actual problem ... The same goes with all performance intakes if you use an oiled filter imo. especially short rams since the filter is right next to the MAF!

I am surprised it is ruined! What happened actually? Usually, it gets dirty with oil but can be easily cleaned with brake cleaner. You have to be carefull tho cause you do not want to damage it. usually, a damaged MAF occurs because of bad manipulation. It might not be the case for u tho!

Try cleaning it if you think it can help and best of luck to solve that problem!

PS : no, I am not working for injen :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Veilsidesale said:
Injen CAI will cost you more money to fix. Direct from factory the oil sprays onto my maf sensor ruining it instantly. Called Injen with documentation from a dealership that found the problem since i had never herd of it. They boned me and won't help me and deny its their problem. Now I have to find a new intake worth buying. I'm sure this doesn't happen all the time but it did this time.

Any questions on this, feel free to pm me.
AEM fits a lot better on celica, it use to be were the dealerships liked aem over other companys. but since the tc is around the dealerships forgot about the celica.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,737 Posts
so u bought it new and install it and the (without oiling it again) oil travel up the tube, lube up ur MAF sensor and kill it?? correct??...very strange..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,645 Posts
wow, 4 years with injen and still running good..
I choose to pass on your advice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,442 Posts
man that sucks
i too have had my injen CAI with no problems
i even got their injen pre-filter and all their goods
since injen is up the street from me
thats what all the people around here use
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,732 Posts
I have been in contact with injen for 2 things and they were responsive ..

1- got stickers :)

2- I wanted to fix a broken weld on my cai pipe. They were there but I decided to have it fixed locally to have it fatster ...

Sorry to hear they are not there for u but I can understand why they at fisrt think a cai can not kill a MAF right after the install!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
danGTS said:
Funny title!!! Like it is so known now, you should have bought a TPR. Injen is known to be poor. I wonder why I still run with it :evil:

Back to your actual problem ... The same goes with all performance intakes if you use an oiled filter imo. especially short rams since the filter is right next to the MAF!

I am surprised it is ruined! What happened actually? Usually, it gets dirty with oil but can be easily cleaned with brake cleaner. You have to be carefull tho cause you do not want to damage it. usually, a damaged MAF occurs because of bad manipulation. It might not be the case for u tho!

Try cleaning it if you think it can help and best of luck to solve that problem!

PS : no, I am not working for injen :evil:
TPR sucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,732 Posts
liquidg said:
TPR sucks
Quite right! I was being sarcastic just to make it clear for everyone ...
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
liquidg said:
danGTS said:
Funny title!!! Like it is so known now, you should have bought a TPR. Injen is known to be poor. I wonder why I still run with it :evil:

Back to your actual problem ... The same goes with all performance intakes if you use an oiled filter imo. especially short rams since the filter is right next to the MAF!

I am surprised it is ruined! What happened actually? Usually, it gets dirty with oil but can be easily cleaned with brake cleaner. You have to be carefull tho cause you do not want to damage it. usually, a damaged MAF occurs because of bad manipulation. It might not be the case for u tho!

Try cleaning it if you think it can help and best of luck to solve that problem!

PS : no, I am not working for injen :evil:
TPR sucks
Actually, dynos say Injen is the worst overall. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
slidr said:
I don't think his beef is so much with the over-oiled filter but rather with their poor customer support.
Your correct. I have the evidence and they boned me. I bought the filter brand new and installed it, I did not oil it at all. Im just passing the word so that you know this can be an issue. I had no idea, only herd of hydrolocking. Do a search on this, its actually more prevalent than one would think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,732 Posts
Veilsidesale said:
... They boned me and won't help me and deny its their problem ...
Veilsidesale said:
... Your correct. I have the evidence and they boned me ...
Stop trying to be cool and changing the phrase "they screwed me [over]" to "they boned me."

Even though Injen dynos worse than AEM, Injen is still a very reputable company :cough: TPR :cough: and I think you just had one of those days where nothing was going your way.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top