NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are the pics i took earlier today......

(the car is going to be getting completed (painted) this weekend and i should have it back either wednesday or thursday to post a bajillion trillion pics !!)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
so wut color is that?.. u gonna paint it like orangy sumthing?...
damn .. ull have to keep that bumper for a while kause u cant just switch bodykits that easy... looks expesive

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
thats the color baby. looks like the color from those pics i showed you a while ago. im loving it, cant wait to see it completed. how much does a repaint like that go for? are they painting the engine bay compartment as well? i hear thats like an extra grand or so to do in itself. looks hot.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my engine compartment is just blacked out, but it is done in a slightly texturized black (kinda like a smooth rhinolining - looks good)

the paint is called Tangelo Orange - from house of colors

if you can see (last pic), it has an awesome gold pearl in it, but these pictures do not do justice as to when it is in the natural sunlight..... it's just plain jawdropping !! (it changes from an orange to a golden/yellow orange, and in darker loghting.... it takes on a deep orange color)

the headlights fit in perfectly and smooth (not hard at all) so it really isn't a biatch

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Looks really good, cannot wait to see the end result......btw, you should think about sound dampening the doors right now while they are off and any other exposed surface to reduce your road noise and improve your SQ.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
yea tangelo orange pearl or something right? thats the same color on those pics i showed you of Clay's car from celica.net. looks awesome. i always wanted that color on a 7th gen. ya beat me to it bro! looks sa-weet!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
so how much was the paint job?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
all the bodywork and paint is being performed at JAB autoworks (johnson autobody - custom import div) i still don't have a clue as to how much all this work is going to run me......... last time i was up at the shop, i asked and told eric (co-owner/painter) that i had about $6500-$7000 for him and if that would cover everything..... his reply was "oh yeah.... don't worry"

so, i guess this is running me around $6500- $7000

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
wow that paint looks really cool in the last pic.. ur car is gonna be pimp... how many layers of paint does it take to get tha color?...
it would of been cool if u got ur whole interior sanded down and painted also...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts