NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i have an 03 celica gt with a 791x viper alarm.

Yesterday i tried to unlock my car door. All the doors would unlock except for the driver side door. But strangely the probelm is not always consistant. I don't think that the alarm is at fault because when i try to unlock/lock the doors from the inside it doesn't work.

At first i thought it may have been the door lock mechanism, on the drivers side, but i tried opening the door with the key which is a success 100% of the time. I checked all the wiring for the alarm and everything seems intact except for the trunk trigger wire, which is reconnected ( blue, H1 the 12 pin connecter ). I also tried the lock/unlock wires at the driver side kick panel with a test light, it would not lock or unlock from there either.

Also the lock/unlock wires are connected where the lock and unlock buttons are located in the center of the car.

What can be the cause of this problem? A loose wire? when it does lock or unlock, sometimes the lock thing will only go half way or barely move. Can the problem be from loud music or even too much power being drawn from the amp cause some type of failure? I have a 13w7 with a 1000/1

Is this a dealership problem or alarm problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,633 Posts
Series of recent threads on this... door lock actuator solenoid seems to be a common problem... the others are broken wiring between the door and the frame inside the rubber boot... and lastly is malfunctioning alarm systems when wired directly to the actuator wiring... vs. the center console master lock/unlock switch.

Dealer warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts