NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone teach me how to remove the door panels. I was thinking of replacing the speakers with something better, but wasn't sure how to excaxtly remove it. I broken clips in other doors before so thought i get some better advice before doing it. thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
im not sure either! i was gonna change my speakers but didnt really see any screws or stuff. so yeah if anyone does know how? do u just pry it off or what?

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's very easy.
Look at your door handle inside, behind it is a peice of plastic that pops out. Carefully put a flathead in the gap and pop it out. Behind that you will see a philips screw. Take that out.

Next get down and look at the door compartment..there is 1 screw there (you will have to crouch down and look up at it to see it)

Then take off the sail plastic on the door, at the top inside corner of the door - it just pops off.

Then get down below the door and there are I think 3 more screws at the bottom of the door, and two caps you have to pop off around where the door jamb is..pop them off and you will see a screw under each.

After that all you have to do is start at the bottom outside corner of the door and pullup until the clips release and lift the door straight up. Then just reach inside the door and release the door lock and door handle lines (and power window connector if on driver side)

Before you start yanking make sure all the screws are out. I do this all the time but can't quite remember if I am forgetting to tell you about any screws. It's very easy to do though.

You have to drill out the rivets for the speaker and make new mounting holes for your new speaker and spacer. Shame you aren't around here, I could do it for you in 5 min.

pm me if you need help

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea great guide. wished i saw this before i did it myself lol.. i didn't notice the screw behind the door handel panel and actually yanked it out, but i was able to put it back in.. now to find some good wood and time to replace the speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts