NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yes several companies make 1zz turbo exhaust manifolds, but they are all for the MR2 Spider, I don't know if they will fit in a celica because I don't think you have as much room behind the engine as the MR2 Spider does. Power Enterprises and Top Secret are just 2 of the turbo kits out for the MR2 and it's 1zz-fe engine, they have exhaust manifolds made for the turbo but I don't know who can tell you if it would fit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
you can alway try some muffler shoppes in your area who does turbos.....I found 2 in my area that quoted me between $4-500..oo for a custom fabbed manifold....the TP one is not designined for the kind of boost you are talking about and it runs at $4-450.00 I think....it is made to run at 5 psi....

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
YAY!
If you can please let us know who makes it and see if you cant get us a pic. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
good job GotNos! ....Did you tell them what kind of boost you will be running? most guys would say that you need a stainless steel manifold for your boost application, ...If they are going to use mild steel then it needs to be pretty beefy... The Tp manifold is mild steel , but warps if it gets too hot....if you upped the boost in it that is...My turbo manifold is mild steel, but it has a 1/2 " thick flange , and the tubular wall thicknes is 1/5" thick! I am running 7 1/2psi on a 1zz motor...Stafford fabrications said he would guarranty his manifold for 3ys....Talk to your shoppe and find out what your getting...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i found a guy that can do it for 450 ill get all the info for the manifold, ill be posting pic of my t3t4 in the afternoon.
ps. this is for production stg 1-2-3-4 :O) youll see the light

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.