NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Pioneer double din head unit and I bought the dash kit to go with it to fill in the gaps on the side however I am not sure how to mount it to the dash so that it does not move around. I've been looking around trying to find something but cant seem to find a part to do it. Does anyone know what I need, and if so where I can get it. If you have a picture that would be great too. Thanks.

·
Registered
594 Posts
as already stated, you need to reuse the stock brackets....

Just curious, but what radio did you get? i recently put in the avic z2, and with the double din, plus bluetooth and ipod adapter, there really is not a whole lot of room left in there...so take your time with the wiring

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD. I dont really need nave. With my iphone I always know where im at and how to get where i'm going. I just wanted the video capabilities.
We got the same deck! im installing it now too, and yeah as stated use the stock brackets (i was confused with the wiring until now, my ta-02 thread)

your going to need a socket wrench most likely my bolts were on TIGHTTT i ended up stripping one of the bolts and took the top shield off the stock stereo to knock the bolt loose from the inside

your going to need a 10mm socket for the front 4 bolts and 8mm for the 8 bolts on the sides

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
We got the same deck! im installing it now too, and yeah as stated use the stock brackets (i was confused with the wiring until now, my ta-02 thread)

your going to need a socket wrench most likely my bolts were on TIGHTTT i ended up stripping one of the bolts and took the top shield off the stock stereo to knock the bolt loose from the inside

your going to need a 10mm socket for the front 4 bolts and 8mm for the 8 bolts on the sides
I got the same one also. What i did since I don't have the stock radio. I used the brackets that held my other Pioneer radio in palce. I had to modified it a little to make it fit. I even used the plastic sorrunding that goes in the front. The Only thing is that it sit a little back than normal. But that's ok till I get the right bracket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.