NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I may not have many posts but I've been doing a lot of reading and searches. I came across the following exhaust while searching online:

Doug Thorley 2000-2001 Celica 1.8L Exhaust
http://dougthorleyheaders.com/products/searchType/vehicleSearch/year/2000/make/TOYOTA/model/CELICA%201.8L/sfID1/4/sfID2/39/productID/219

Anyone know ANYTHING about this? I tried to find more relevant info but no luck as far as our car is concerned.

P.S. Most of my research is for my girl--she has a '00 GT.

· Registered
4,294 Posts
Never heard of it...

· Registered
4,294 Posts

· Registered
4,294 Posts
What's your price range? Look into Ebay yet?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not looking to do any heavy mods, but keeping my eye out for decent used parts if they should arise. My girl prefers "more show less go no rice" lol.

Already snagged a HOTSHOTS GT header for $87 shipped and cutout of the MAF tube required for a BBMOD (didn't want to cut the airbox already in the car).

As far as exhausts, when the time is right I'll get an HKS Hi-Power.

· Oh Hai
4,730 Posts
never heard of that exhaust. also all exhaust made for celicas are all axlebacks except for the trd kazuma which is the only catback.

· Registered
5,204 Posts
get the hi power! i love it!

· Registered
2,314 Posts
Wow, never heard of that brand for our exhausts. Seems like there's some off exhausts coming out now. Hell, I saw a bosal performance exhaust for our cars on eBay a while back. Thread jack, anyone know where to get a tenrai exhaust anymore?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
HKS Hi-Power it is. I would probably get the PPE mid-pipe with the HFC and res later down the road--we don't want the sound to be LOUD hence the res.

On PPE's site they say their mid-pipe is a direct bolt to their race header, does that imply modifications would be necessary to have it bolt to the Hotshots header? I would assume since the PPE header is also a longer tube design.

· Registered
4,294 Posts
On PPE's site they say their mid-pipe is a direct bolt to their race header, does that imply modifications would be necessary to have it bolt to the Hotshots header? I would assume since the PPE header is also a longer tube design.
Their mid pipe are only for their PPE header. The PPE header are LONGer than hotshot/dc header. Won't fit.

If you want a bigger midpipe, it's better for you to get it custom at a local exhaust shop.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Their mid pipe are only for their PPE header. The PPE header are LONGer than hotshot/dc header. Won't fit.

If you want a bigger midpipe, it's better for you to get it custom at a local exhaust shop.
I had a feeling. Alrighty, thank you much. Too bad there isn't a decent 1zz midpipe already made--none that I am aware of to bolt to the Hotshots.

· Registered
10 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Doug Thorley aims their products more towards domestics, not imports so it comes as no surprise that no one's really heard of them in the Celica realm. Look for an exhaust system for the big 3 (GM, Ford, and Chrysler) and you'll find their name on quite a few products for numerous vehicles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.